2000 Campion Explorer 602 Rigger locations

bolts15

Hi All!!

I picked up a 2000 Campion Explorer 602 over the winter and now I'm looking at the best place to mount the downriggers. The kicker will be mounted on the swim platform...so quite far back. The debate is move them more forward so it's easier to clip, but may cause issues with the cable near the kicker. Or leave them closer to the stern which may be a bit harder to clip, but might avoid issues with the kicker. Could add prop guard to kicker? I'll be installing electric Scotty riggers with swivel bases. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Neil

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    404.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Stand as far back as you can against a gunwale, facing out of the boat. The down rigger should go there - ie the center of the downrigger should be in line with the center of your body.
Any further back than that and it will be hard for you to work the clips.
Any further forward and you increase the risk of the line to the cannon ball encountering your prop(s).

Will you ever fish with your camper top on? You might have though of this already. I have a buddy who does and he had to place them so the top could stay up with the riggers on or else the bars are in the way.

Thanks for the feedback!!! We were looking at the camper top being up and fishing, but with all the poles not sure it's realistic. That being said moving them further back would probably help if we decided we wanted to do this. Thanks again!!

Back