20' Kellahan for sale

deep fry

20’ x 8’ Kellahan aluminum hardtop for sale. 2007 150hp Etec and 2000 9.9hp Yamaha. Small cuddy with both slopeback and drop curtain canvas. Seriously rigged for fishing. If interested, PM for more pictures and details. Asking $30K.

Attachments

• IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 3,660
i know this boat and its owner
as you can see its up and out when not in use
and bottom is super clean its well maintained with a local mechanic
who does the owners service
the boats a fish catcher as well
ideal for a solo or two guys/girls
he's moved up to a bigger 27' Armstrong
hence the sale
the bare hull is worth the asking price now
someone should pick this up as its a solid fishing rig

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the boat looked like its at a dock on Keats, across from Langdale Ferry .....so makes sense you would be aware of this boat being up that way, wildthing. I sure like that haul out railway track device too ....with the vehicle mags for wheels, that's great!

yeah its cool
just not sure if has enough now to lift the new rig out.....lol
but someone is going to get a deal on this rig

yeah its cool
just not sure if has enough now to lift the new rig out.....lol
but someone is going to get a deal on this rig

True... moving up or upgrading always creates a ripple effect of needing more to run it, trailer it, tow it, moor and maintain it. Maybe he can just move back and lengthen the rear wheel supports ( but horizontal beams would need to be extended too !!) and the payload ??... and and....etc. lol

Hi Deep fry. Did you build it yourself? Can you post or PM some pictures of the hull?

look at the name on it. Darcy Kellahan made great welded aluminum boats here locally in BC and was around since I was born long before the recent onslaught of welded aluminum boat manufacturers. Darcy passed away in 2012.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/vancouversun/obituary.aspx?pid=156089416

Several years ago there really wasn't very many choices available for welded. Kellahan, Lifetimer, Silver streak, and Armstrong were most of the main good ones. My bro-in-law had the Kellahans do a build . it was a custom to personal specs 18' CC. A few years later he had it converted to have a small enclosed cabin. The boat rides nicely and is one tough 18.

The plans/designs can be purchased but Kellahan name wouldn't be on a client made boat as far as I understand. The boat in this post would therefore be and looks to be, an original made by Darcy.
http://kellahanboats.com/

Did this boat ever sell?
i think its still up for sale
as its on an island in howe sound
i think thats why
but if your interested i sure the owner would be more than happy
to sea trail it for anyone who's got the funds
or get a ferry over to the sunshine coast
and i'll even run you out to take a look at it
as owner is a good friend

Anyone know what the word is on this boat, looks like a pretty decent rig to me. Is it still for sale? I did pm, waiting to here back.

Anyone know what the word is on this boat, looks like a pretty decent rig to me. Is it still for sale? I did pm, waiting to here back.

I spoke with the owner of this boat a couple times. For me, I passed on the boat due to logistics. Me getting there and getting it back (there's no trailer) would have been tough. It seems like a decent boat and the seller was pretty good with me at answering questions and follow up.

The trailer that came with the boat when I bought it is sitting in a friends yard in Gibsons with a broken axle. If wanted, it can be included in the sale on an " as-is-where-is " basis.
Again, send me an email at syjvancouver@gmail.com if there are any questions, or additonal information wanted.
thx...

I have an 18 footer and highly recommend to anyone thinking about owning one. Very solid Boat. They don't come up f/s often.

So if one wanted to take a look at this boat how would one get there from Vic. Sounds like the boat is on a island in Howe sound, is there a ferry to this island?

Back