20 Hourston Project

2005-275, 800 hours. I thought it was a newer engine(2007). I know the engine is a little too much but all verado 6cylinders weight same(200-275)
I have been piecing the rigging on ebay and figure it will be less than 1k, I have a brand new shifter, main harness and clean power harness and only spent $500.Gauges will be on top.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got the boat home today, the pod looks great. Gonna do some work on the boat and mount the motors next week hopefully.

Attachments

• pod done.jpg
    pod done.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,094
hopefully a better pic, you can not see the bottom of the pod as it was bottom coated and matches in. Looks funny in the pics but not in person, my iphone may be on the way out as the camera is al fuzzy

Attachments

• podd.jpg
    podd.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,107
Looks like it is coming together nicely. How are you getting your ebay parts shipped? I have been using seawings out of Sidney and been pretty happy.

I lucked out and found most of my parts from a canadian seller, so shipping was cheap and so was the price of the parts. The last pieces I am hoping to have USPS shipped or I can have them picked up across the border.

I got my outboard attached today, and yes bigger is always better! I will admit going with a fiberglass pod gave me some concerns about hanging 635 pounds off the back of my boat, however she is all solid.I did add dog legs from my stringers to my transom for added strength( pics some day), now to float her and see how see rests in the water.

Attachments

• outboard attached.jpg
    outboard attached.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 797
It should go really good I am sure my old v-6 inboard was under 125 hp at the prop. I should get her sitting in the water Saturday then I need to rig her up to run.

Going to be a rocket on the water, had the same motor on my 24.5 Searay and it went 47mph

I am not propping it for speed just a nice economical cruise of around 30. I am hoping to float her just too see how it sits. I am a little concerned its gonna be butt heavy and sit too low in the water, won't know till I float it. Hows your pod coming along?

when you propped your sea-ray did you go with a genuine mercury prop or ??? I am looking at props and wonder if it is worth the extra$$$ looking for a mercury prop or looking at Michigan to save a few $$$

mercury inertia 17p stainless kicked butt on every other prop I tried. Ask your dealer if you can try before you buy so you can get some numbers to compare.

The inertia prop is what the mercury mechanic recommended too, so I will stick with that, thanks.The mercury website has a great prop selector.

Took the boat to see how the waterline was. Actually floats at little higher than it used to with the sterndrive. Mind you the hull has no gear in it except for a couple batteries,seats and 30 gallons fuel. I should have taken a pic of the back but I did not. ( got soaked trying to unhook her as my truck hitch is too high and my hook was seized closed)

Attachments

• IMG_1449.jpg
    IMG_1449.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 774
  • IMG_1450.jpg
    IMG_1450.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 773
that looks awesome..I think this will be my next and last boat if I get twofootitis again...... I almost would question you being on that single axle trailer...... I know you had the stern drive but now you added the pod might be nice to get some strength on butt end as your weight in now father back when you tow....looks good///

Thanks for the complement,Hourston made it nice looking I just strapped a big butt motor off the back,lol, it is slowly coming together. I question the trailer too but it is in great shape and I trailer 5km to the launch and once a year to gold river (75k each way). Once I have it all rigged up I may start looking for a tandem trailer. I am gonna get a longer drop hitch in the mean time and see how that works. I normally just roll it off the trailer but as the winch hook was seized I buried the trailer to float it.

Back