20' Hourston - $8000 NEW PRICE

Quinn

20' Hourston - $7000 NEW PRICE

One owner boat in exceptional shape. Everyone who comes to see her cant believe how good the hull looks and how well the boat has been taken care of.....then they stare at the inboard.
The inboard is super strong and starts right away and is fully serviced but everyone wants a pod, so I have adjusted my price drastically to get the podders onboard.
I know for certain that a full width flotation pod with swim grid and kicker bracket can be built and installed for $3000.00 , my cost, my installation. That's removal of the motor and leg, fiber-glassing up the leg hole properly and glassing over the decks where the motor was. The pod would be 3rd party built by one of the islands most reputable aluminum boat builders and the mounting would be done by me. I have installed many pods and believe me when I say you don't just slide it up to the transom and start bolting. There is a science to it. I can do all of this work immediately after a sale has been completed. Or you can take it to the pod builder of your choice.

The boat has all the original vberth cushions in mint shape, all switches and lights work, brand new VHF and antenna, Garmin GPS plotter, Lowrance sounder/plotter. Tandem axel trailer with working surge brakes. The hull is gorgeous and shows way better than the pics. There is new Micron CSC bottom paint on the hull (the best bottom paint available) New zincs everywhere. The topsides of this boat still shine. All hardware is in top shape. Twin aluminum fuel tanks in the forward sides of the boat (above deck and hidden where theres no rot)
Decks, Stringers and transom are all solid.

Attachments

• side_2.jpg
    side_2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,703
  • side_1.jpg
    side_1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,712
  • stern_1.jpg
    stern_1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,706
  • interior_1.jpg
    interior_1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,701
Last edited by a moderator:
What a steal that one is, and original owner...Everyone wants a pod but don't want to pay for it..I mean come on that boat podded for 10k....What a joke and why waste someone's time looking. Then they spend cash for pod and put a ****** motor on it... I nice new inboard in that and she would be good for a long time.

People are silly just cause it has in inboard....lol.

I have a friend that loves inboards and these I will pass the info on...Good luck selling it don't give it away though. At that price that's a steal providing your inboard doesn't have too high hours...BTW what is that main and drive is you wouldn't mind me asking?.... and where are you located?

The main is a 302 ford, fresh water cooled and new salt water risers about a year and a half ago. The leg is mercruiser. This inboard is tight. I start the boat every day just cause its a good habit but mostly cause it starts so well, just hit the key and it flashes right up. There is a new spare starter, alternator, belts, coil and other parts to go with it. The san juan cooler is massive, they usually don't come that big. All gauges work including the vacuum gauge. Everything works on this boat.

Thanks for the inboard support. I like pods for the extra room but this inboard package is so tight, I would just run it till it dies.

I also have a complete leg assembly for parts.

What a steal that one is, and original owner...Everyone wants a pod but don't want to pay for it..I mean come on that boat podded for 10k....What a joke and why waste someone's time looking. Then they spend cash for pod and put a ****** motor on it... I nice new inboard in that and she would be good for a long time.

People are silly just cause it has in inboard....lol.

I have a friend that loves inboards and these I will pass the info on...Good luck selling it don't give it away though. At that price that's a steal providing your inboard doesn't have too high hours...BTW what is that main and drive is you wouldn't mind me asking?.... and where are you located?

I would have no problem with the inboard as i dont have the money for a new outboard , would be buying a new kicker instead...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does the price keep going up and down? It was 7000 now 8?

PM the OP Jeff and get the scoop!!! Looks like a winner for ya buddy. Good luck. I hope to see ya out in her at the Loggers Derby man :cool:.

I would have no problem with the inboard as i dont have the money for a new outboard , would be buying a new kicker instead...

Not sure of the weight but on on pod build I have the 1984 specs sheet is posted. Pulled mine from Van to campbell river with a Durango no problem.Thinking under 3500 pounds boat and trailer. I have to say the 302 is a great engine for this size of boat. Had one in my 20 searay and it was powerful and fuel efficient, if my hourston had a 302 it would still be in there.

Not sure of the weight but on on pod build I have the 1984 specs sheet is posted. Pulled mine from Van to campbell river with a Durango no problem.Thinking under 3500 pounds boat and trailer.
under 3500? with an 800 lb. I/O and on a tandem trailer? I suspect it would be a lot more than that. Trailer alone will be over 1000. With gear and fuel closer to 5000 on the trailer would be my bet.

Still a very nice and very serviceable boat for a great price! I love my outboard and would always prefer one, but at 8 g's you will not find a better deal and what gets you on and off the water safe and catches fish is the best deal going.

under 3500? with an 800 lb. I/O and on a tandem trailer? I suspect it would be a lot more than that. Trailer alone will be over 1000. With gear and fuel closer to 5000 on the trailer would be my bet.

Still a very nice and very serviceable boat for a great price! I love my outboard and would always prefer one, but at 8 g's you will not find a better deal and what gets you on and off the water safe and catches fish is the best deal going.

My 23ft Hourston fully loaded with gear, fuel, trailer is 3000Kg so say about 7000lbs. I would say you are closer to 5000-6000lbs. Still as others have said a great boat. I would see if you could gun the steel trailer and lower the price. Run the boat the way it is and pod it down the road.

20 foot hourston with a v8 is 3100 pounds, not sure if that is full of fuel. 23 command bridge is 4600pounds.

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 375
20 foot hourston with a v8 is 3100 pounds, not sure if that is full of fuel. 23 command bridge is 4600pounds.
Don't know where you got those numbers from, but I know for a fact my 23Ft Hourston w/command bridge on the trailer weighs just over 3000Kg or 7000lbs on the Duncan truck scales. I would be surprised if the trailer weighed 2400lbs but it could I guess seems pretty heavy though. Just found this right off the Hourston website, they don't list the specs for the 20ft for some reason:

23’ SEDAN

THE 23’ SEDAN IS AVAILABLE GAS OR DIESEL, INBOARD OUTBOARD OR OUTBOARD ON A BRACKET. A FAVORITE AMONG FISHERMAN AND CRUISERS, THIS IS AN EXCEPTIONAL FISHING CRUISER COMBO. THE SPACIOUS CABIN AND LARGE OPENING WINDOWS GIVE THE CAPTAIN EXCELLENT VISIBILITY WHILE UNDERWAY OR AT TROLLING SPEEDS. WITH A 21 DEGREE DEADRISE THE VESSEL PERFORMS ECONOMICALLY WITH TWIN 115 OUTBOARDS OR A SINGLE V-8 STERNDRIVE. A 190 OR 220 HP DIESEL ENGINE (EITHER YANMAR OR VOLVO) WILL MAKE HER SUPER ECONOMICAL BURNING 3 TO 4 GPH AT CRUISE. THE CANADIAN COAST GUARD HAS MANY OF THESE VESSELS IN SERVICE ACROSS CANADA. THERE IS A WIDE RANGE OF DIFFERENT OPTIONS AVAILABLE ON THIS BOAT WHICH CAN BE CUSTOM SET UP FOR YOUR FISHING OR CRUISING NEEDS. ALASKA BULKHEAD AND HEAD IN VEE BERTH ARE STANDARD. THE PASSENGER SIDE FEATURES A HIGH LOW DINETTE TABLE, ON THE DRIVERS SIDE IS HELM SEAT AND FULL GALLEY. WALLAS DIESEL STOVE/HEATERS ARE AVAILABLE.

WEIGHT 6000 LBS BEAM 8’10” CENTERLINE 26’ FUEL 70 IMP GAL WATER 30

HEADROOM IN MAIN CABIN 6’ 6”

My regular cab short box hemi has only a 5000lb tow rating so might be a little heavy for any long distance, sure it would be fine to the launch n back though

My regular cab short box hemi has only a 5000lb tow rating so might be a little heavy for any long distance, sure it would be fine to the launch n back though

I just looked on line and the new ones (same model) say max towing capacity 9050 lbs?

Seems a little light, what year is yours Jeffy? 2 or 4wd? tire size and at or man trans?
I think you should be up around 7500ish somewhere

Pretty sure thats what i read in the manual, its an 04 , i'll have to double check but i do have the tow package so i could be mistaken..

It's a 4x4 5.7 hemi 365 hp with some goodies , stock it was 345 HP, the new hemi 5.7 is 390 HP
Tire size is 265/70/17 and it is an Automatic

Back