2 stroke mix. Cant remember if I added oil.

D

dog

Is there a way to tell how much oil is in my gas? A couple weeks ago I added 15L and 22 L to a couple 25L tanks and now I can't remember if I added the oil yet. 1980 Evinrude 70hp. There was already 5 or 10 litres of 50:1 in each tank. Thanks.

i dont think so other than maybe looking at the color of the gas to give a ball park idea of how much oil there is...
if all else doesnt work (and you are more sure you didnt add oil rather than did) mix it all at 75:1 then it wouldnt be off enough to fck up any engines....
also look in your 2-stroke oil jugs and seehow much is in them??

If it was me, I would mix up a fresh batch@50:1.Use up about 1/3 of a tank then bump it up with about 25ml oil(in a 25l tank) and top off with the suspect mix.I would keep doing the little bit at a time until it is all done.If you need an extra 25l can, stop by the house,I can lend you one.If it all sounds too scarry drop a heavy mix in and burn it up in the weed wacker,leaf blower etc.
Rich.

Thanks guys. I think I will add oil and try and use those two tanks for high speed and switch over to tank 3 for trolling.

Back