150-200hp outboard options

I recently spent a couple days fishing on a Trophy 25 set up with a new Verado 300. What a lovely engine, unbelievably quiet and smooth. If the 175 and 200 have the same trolling mode capability as the 6 cylinder series, you'll love it. Troll speed adjustable by increments of 10 rpm. Was so quiet on troll that the noisiest thing was the cooling water telltale. Worth looking into the various offerings in your size range to see what they have for troll speed capability. Could save yourself a bunch of time and money by not mounting a kicker. Or sell the one you already have to help offset the cost of new power.

Can't imagine trolling on a main unless you are made of money. I have 600 hours on my kicker in 3 years and only 200 on the main. Without a kicker that would be 800 on my main and 1/2 way to needing to replace my 30k main. Don't get me wrong, the better control and quiet of a main would be a dream.... But....

There is a brand new 200hp Gen1 at a dealer in chilliwack, no warranty rigged including steering for 17k

Back