15.5' hourston

juandesooka

15.5' Hourston

I bought this last Spring with intention to repower, but have now upgraded, so need to sell. I paid $2300, put in $600 worth of gear plus a $700 kicker. Asking $3000, or will consider offers for less if seller doesn't want some of the gear or kicker. I still have some cosmetic work to do before I advertise more widely, but thought I'd post it in advance here just to see if any initial interest.

Hull:
1981 Hourston glascraft. Solid, clean, with inner molded hull.
Bottom needs repainting and some scrubbing, which I will get to if she doesn't sell quickly.
Full canvas, new side windows. Canvas solid, but stitching has come apart in a few places. (note to self: don't try to powerwash old canvas, even on weak setting!)

Main motor is a 1970s 85hp Johnson 2 stroke.
Old beast, runs loud and strong.
Good compression when last checked a few months ago.

Kicker: 2000 Nissan 9.9 stroke.
Starts first pull every time, very dependable motor. [my baby, I would keep it, but replaced with 4 stroke]
Has battery charging wires.
On custom welded aluminum kicker bracket.

Trailer: 1987 galvanized Road Runner.

Extras:
3 Cannon downriggers, 2 manual, 1 electric, all with rod holders.
2 batteries, with switch. 1 battery one year old.
Eagle Cuda 128 fishfinder
Pro-Troll black box
Extra rod holders
VHF (old one, but works)
Compass
Anchor and line
2 spare parts motors and controls -- seller told me one runs, one has good working leg.

I will post some pics later.

If interested, click on username to email me.

312.jpg

308.jpg

313.jpg

Still for sale...

Maybe better to put it as: "Have new boat, must sell! Asking $2,300, or $3,000 if you want the kicker too. Open to offers, especially if seller doesn't want some of the included gear (blackbox, downriggers, etc)."

She ain't fancy, but a solid, dependable fishing machine. Includes the gear you want: black box, electric downrigger. Might even throw in a rod n reel to make it a turnkey fish boat.

Come check it out! In Sooke.

John

Well done Sugar.
That will get you out as far as you need to go.

Tight lines and happy boating.

Back