115 tohatsu any feed back on this motor

buzzbomb

very good price point with a 5 year warranty, this is the fule injected 2 stroke model. Any one herd good or bad on them, iv read alot of positive but it would be nice to here some first hand info.

Tohatsu is a lot bigger company than most people realize....

All smaller-horse Mercs are built in the Tohatsu plant to Merc specs I believe......

I did hear once that Tohatsu outboards were noisy.......although I can't verify it myself.....

I've never seen Tohatsu's out on the chuck where I fish...or anywhere else around here for that matter.....

There are a couple of dealers on Vancouver Island though......

There was a lodge in Campbell River that had two boats with those outboards, both gave them
trouble all the time. This was in the early 90's. ......BB

I have a Tohatsu 20hp as a kicker. Rock solid -- quiet, starts easy. 3 seasons on it and zero complaints. Tohatsu makes all the Mercury and Nissan engines 40Hp and lower (for Merc).

The 115 I believe is a 2-stroke TLDI engine. Supposed to be very good, with an excellent power to weight ratio and extremely low maintenance. Just make sure you have a good service centre close by. Loads of outlets to get a Yamaha, Honda, Merc, Evinrude etc serviced, but Tohatsu might be somewhat limited.

dont know where ya are buzzbomb but breakers marine is a tohatsu dealer.

Tohatsu isn't as quiet as Honda but it's not really noisy either just a different type pf noise-think of Suzuki when they first came out in the 80's with that particular cough, cough, cough that took some getting used to.

Back