10 day fishing trip.... advice?

lbean

My partner and I are planning to do a 7-10 day mobile fishing/camping trip. We don't have a whole lot planned and we also don't have a whole lot of room. Most of our fishing has been around the lower mainland but it's time to take a look around and take some 'us' time too.

Eventually we'd like to end up around Houston (where I grew up and have family but have never been fishing) or some other destination... we're open.

We don't have much. A lil Suzuki Swift (possibility to borrow a friends camper van), a tent, a few rods for trout and salmon and a fish hunter with an electric motor. We plan to eat what we catch when legal and get the rest of our healthy fresh meat and veg at small farms along the way.

No lodges, no hotels, no guides just us and some fish (and hopefully no bears!)

What would you do???

Last two weeks of June/first week of July head to Williams Lake then take a left on the Chilcotin Highway aka Highway 20-more Trout filled lakes than you can shake a stick at.

years ago I used to fish with my grandfather up at morice lake and in morice river.... was beautiful up there. that's near houston....

Hang a left and go to Terrace/Kitimat area and do some river fishing! Camp at Lakelse Park between Terrace and Kitimat- reserve if you can

I'd do the Chilcotin Hwy. Lots of small lakes that a little inflatable would work on, great camping and not crowded.

I also lived in Houston , back in the 80's ... FANTASTIC fishing up there , rainbows , brookies , steelhead , awsome times

We're planning to leave late april mid may. Peetz- My daddy used to manage the liquor store and ran the lions club back in those days.
Terrace is a place I know well too, lots of family there but it's a hell of a drive back to Vancouver

Back