$10.99 for a Package of Anchovies!!!

Dogbreath

3 Vets in Vancouver is the deadest outdoor store out there and small wonder when they're charging $10.99 for a package of Anchovies!

Checked out Pacific Angler-freezer burned crap as per SOP so headed down to 3 Vets-probably the last time for a while.

Yes I know I can buy a half case @ Active Tackle but all I want is a package and there's no room in my freezer anyway.

Seems to me I've posted above usurious bait prices in the past but this takes the cake. [V]

Might as well stay at home and drink and start smoking cigs, will be cheaper.

I went to Van three weeks ago and to 3 vets to buy a coleman cooler, hali salmon . 3V was 40% higher on the cooler and 30% higher on gear than the downtown army and navy. Army and navy have increased their fishing department and have some grear deals on basic gear, I never looked at bait.

If you want good quality bait or gear, I still find the local stores in the Victoria, langford and Sooke area are very competive with their pricing and good quality.

It appeared to me that 3V won't be around much longer. Prices are way to high on eveyrthing. It's a shame because I shopped there lot in the past years.

Let's Go Fishing!
Doug
D&D Fishing Charters

Agreed 3V is way overpriced. Went to A&N today very good prices, and the selection has been improved dramatically. Sorry I didn't check out the bait prices as I'm not much of one for bait. I'm sure there prices are better than 3V. Steveston Marine in Vancouver also sells bait, but I think there fairly pricey as well. The best place for price and reliable quality is probably Berrys Bait, but of course that means a trip to Richmond.

3V is a rip off! So is Steveston Marine. Army & Navy is pretty reasonable. Went to Active Guide & Tackle today for the first time and will be going there from now on until I find something better. Super cheap everything, got a pack of Anchovies for $5.20. Not sure of the quality, but they are going to get soaked in WD-40 anyway so we'll see what happens :)

I'm a tackle *****..... Anchovies are fun and for one particular fishery...they're the way to go. However, there are "alternatives" which work as well as if not better than Anchovies...and Baitrix do not work nearly as well as they do when the fish are on the outside.

Berry's is reasonably priced, however, it's not where they make the money--(on bait sales), it's all the other stuff you buy when you're in there!

Pacific Angler is convenient and definitely a time saver...so I stop in when I need stuff.

A&N is a no go for me...., if you don't park your car right in front of their door..your car gets cased over at least once by the junkies. Came back one time and found a guy just waiting for the right opportunity.

On my V8..with gas at $1.18/L, a trip to Richmond from Vancouver burns away all the savings on going there for bait.

have to agree with 3vs being rediculously over priced looked at a shimano calcutta they were $119 higher in price than berries and woul not even discuss a discount , last time I was in there

quote:Originally posted by The Fog Ducker

3 Vets is gone !! it burned down ,,[:0],, didn't it ?...[:eek:)]

Didn't use bait all summer , Ken convinced me , it 's messy and stinks up the boat..[:eek:)] but alway's have a pack on board ...

FD,,,;)

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

Anyone can catch fish where you get 'em [:p]

:D

I wish I had the time [V]

I don't know what the price is here (I normally don't pay that much attention to it as I need it........I need it). All I do know is 11 bucks a pack is way to much and anchovie is available again in good quantity here on the Island:D.

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

LOL
When ya do find the time Ripper , let us know ,shyte we can all follow you...[:eek:)].. :D

FD....;)

quote:Originally posted by Lipripper

quote:Originally posted by The Fog Ducker

3 Vets is gone !! it burned down ,,[:0],, didn't it ?...[:eek:)]

Didn't use bait all summer , Ken convinced me , it 's messy and stinks up the boat..[:eek:)] but alway's have a pack on board ...

FD,,,;)

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

Anyone can catch fish where you get 'em [:p]

:D

I wish I had the time [V]

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

A Vancouver anchovy question - does anyone know who currently has anchovies in stock in Vancouver that aren't freezer burned. I would normally buy from either Steveston Marine (no anchovies) or Pacific Angler (I had a bad pack on the weekend ... first time ever with P.A.) and won't be abble to get out to Berry's between now and when I want to hit the water.

Thanks in advance.

Just the super expensive ones @ 3 Vets.

I was told that gas station in North Van that sells bait (Chevron?) has some decent product but haven't seen them myself.

Back