1 piece Mooching rod help????

wildthing

Hi all

So seeking a bit of help here

who may of made this rod? did/do you have one?

not selling just would like to know more and if any one does have one they mite like to sell

its a full one piece 10'4" - 10'6"

probably made around 20 yrs ago or more

so its one for the old school ....lol

eyes are chrome with inserts and blk with green band whippings

there is was no name or line ratings on it just the shark like logo on both sides???

cheers john

rod22.jpgrod11.jpg

Most like a original fenwick 1264 glass mooching rod ..they made a bunch of one pieces models I believe
... :)

It is very probable that it is a Fenwick blank but with the brown colouring it may be a Lamiglass as I have a few of their one piece custom builds that just coincidentally measure 10ft 10in. As does one of the most famous Seymour Narrows mooching rods of the 1970s and 80s the Hardy 10 10, that depending on how many times the tip eye would break off or be replaced, would often become a 10 8 or even a 10 6 but this one was always a two piece as far as I ever seen.

cheers guys

its black to grey fibres could be glass as its a very med taper rod

so thats making me unsure as to its origins??? as from what i found out about fenwicks = brown glass

and also it could be missing 2" then it would be a 10'6"

crazy really as its caught a lot and i mean a lot of fish this rod. so its deffo staying within the family

Most of the Fenwick blanks that were available in Campbell River in the seventies and eighties were yellow as I recall , which makes the origin of your black to grey fibre rod even more mysterious. I know that a few companies such as Shakespeare, and Daiwa had some one piece rods out there as there was quite a demand for mooching rods in the past as so many more anglers than now were demanding longer rods that would fish eight to ten ounces of weight.

Back