02 Sriper at Bellingham Boat land.

sfisher

looked into this rig a week back.
dug into the boat history and found some things that they have not mentioned at all.

The boat does not have 380 original hours.

I viewed there sea trial video and they mentioned somebody from Vancouver island has made a deposit
if anyone knows who this is, contact me via pm.

Nobody knows I guess.
The boat was used as a charter..it has over 4000 hours on boat and leg
Its on its second engine.
Only reason its reading 380 hours is because the cpu has been replaced
It has over 2000 hours. .

I think I know him too. He's from the Comox Valley and just joined the Striper Owners' Club Forum. I've sent him a PM with a link to this thread. Really hated to do it, but if he doesn't know this stuff, he should! I'd sure want someone to tell me.

Sfisher...how did you find out?

Surely the boat would have tell tale signs of lots of use?

hey guys
I bealive they said the buyer was from central vancouver island.

AS soon as i heard that i was like I have to post this just so the word is out there.

I found all this out becuase i was steps away from putting a deposit on this my self.
But before I did i did some reaserch online and was able to find the original owners website which was a Charter in SF bay area.
I email him and he confirmed it was his boat. Then i asked him for the history as i was interested.

He said the boat had over 4,000 hours on boat and leg, its on its second engine which has over 2,000 hours on it. only reason it was reading 380 is because the cpu had been changed.
The boat was sold to someone in Oregon for 14k!!!!! and that person said it was for personal use..not to be sold in bellingham.

I have all the emails i exchanged with the original owner for the person that put the deposit on the boat. I know they have 10 days to make payment and the emails will be able to get there deposit back if they choose to do so.

Sad part about all this is how they lied about the boat, go on there website www.bellinghamboatland.com and see for yourself.

The original owner said "these guys are making a lot of money lying."

Anyways i hope the person that made the deposit can be contacted.

Steve.

Wow if Sfisher's story is true and I have no reason to believe it isn't thats a crazy way to do business. Thats also some great research. I had a deposit in with Bellingham boatland but they never found me what I wanted and got a full refund.

Talking about research on a side note my buddy bought a boat in seattle it came with a sleeper seat but he could tell it once had a captains chair. He researched and found the orginal owner down in California who by fluke still had the captains chair in his garage and not only did he have it he was coming to Vancouver Island for holidays and my buddy met up with him and got it. Small world!

hey guys
I bealive they said the buyer was from central vancouver island.

AS soon as i heard that i was like I have to post this just so the word is out there.

I found all this out becuase i was steps away from putting a deposit on this my self.
But before I did i did some reaserch online and was able to find the original owners website which was a Charter in SF bay area.
I email him and he confirmed it was his boat. Then i asked him for the history as i was interested.

He said the boat had over 4,000 hours on boat and leg, its on its second engine which has over 2,000 hours on it. only reason it was reading 380 is because the cpu had been changed.
The boat was sold to someone in Oregon for 14k!!!!! and that person said it was for personal use..not to be sold in bellingham.

I have all the emails i exchanged with the original owner for the person that put the deposit on the boat. I know they have 10 days to make payment and the emails will be able to get there deposit back if they choose to do so.

Sad part about all this is how they lied about the boat, go on there website www.bellinghamboatland.com and see for yourself.

The original owner said "these guys are making a lot of money lying."

Anyways i hope the person that made the deposit can be contacted.

Steve.
I forwarded this thread onto the guy from Comox who just bought the boat. I am sure he will be very interested in your e-mails. If it is all true, I sense a fraud case inthe making.

i was able to contact him on striperforum. that is the guy 100% they mentioned his name in the video.

The original owner would have no reason to lie. Its a good thing I kept all his emails just incase.

Im just happy to be helping someone out thats getting into something they dont know..or was told otherwise.
in the end he may be ok with all that, and if thats the case thats great.

a little reaserch goes along way.I was just about to hop on the ferry and check it out and make a deposit on it.

Right on! good work!!!

Holy hell....this isn't the first bad review I've heard regarding bellingham boat land. But this is the first time I've heard of someone going to these kind of lengths for a complete stranger. Good on you, we could all learn a thing or two from a gesture like that.

My hat is off to you Sir.

I would hope someone would do the same for me..
im not into buisness that try to cover up things to make money
we all work hard for it.

I have been in touch with the buyer, forwarded him all the emails its in his hands now.

thanks for all your reply and helping find him.
Cheers

A quick tale of woe which you may wish to pass on to other Aussies wanting to buy a boat from the US. Please feel free to pass on this message. I am happy to talk to anybody to share my story.

After paying a $2,000 deposit to a business in the US called Bellingham Boats in Bellingham WA and putting our names down for a Seaswirl and waiting patiently for 3 years our boat finally came in.

We had agreement from Scott (the owner) that we could pull the funds together within 2 to 3 weeks. We got the money into their accounts but the low life, unscrupulous scum bag owner sold our boat to one of his mates even though they had a signed agreement from us and they knew that the money was coming.

We called them frequently to keep them up with what was going on. We emailed several times a day. We had signed contracts and sent them proof of funds transfer from the bank! They were sending us emails congratulating us on the purchase of the boat!

We have waited patiently for 3 years for these guys to get us a boat. We never complained. We never gave them a hard time. We were always patient. We sent proof of wire transfers of funds to Scott prior to the deadline he had set us. Their whole business knew the funds were on the way. But the absolute greed and scum bag attitude of Scott resulted in him forsaking a loyal customer (oh, and we referred a client to him from Brisbane who bought a 26 foot Maxum from them) and just ditching us for one of his mates.

I would recommend that you forward this message to all of your clients, friends and overseas potential client to warn them about the low life business of Bellingham Boats and to avoid them at all costs. These guys have wasted 3 years of my life and screwed us over.

David Priddy
Priddy Consultants
0418 271 193
david@priddyconsultants.com.au

Back