Search results

1. C

Chinook Size Limits

Could someone enlighten me as to why the current chinook size limit for the inside waters - basically Georgia Strait ( Salish Sea) is 62 cm while from Victoria westward it is only 45 cm?
  2. C

Knife Sharpener

Any recommendations for a good knife sharpener. I’m not great with the whet-stone and the sharpener I bought at Crappy Tire is just that....Crappy! 👎
  3. C

Knife Sharpener

Any recommendations for a good knife sharpener? I’m not great with the whet-stone and the sharpener I bought at Crappy Tire is just that....Crappy!😪
  4. C

Ace Line Hauler Capacity

I fish 2 traps per line and add about 3 to 5 lbs weight per trap. Often fishing in big tides about 400 foot depth and am often missing the zone I want my traps in. How much weight can the Ace Line Hauler handle?
  5. C

Sockeye Test Fishery

DFO has told us there’s not enough fish to allow a recreational fishery. Why then, do they keep on Test fishing? To date they have taken over 200,000 fish in Areas 12,13,20 and the River! I can understand some sampling early in the season, but why continue now? Yesterday off Sandheads, two...
  6. C

Campbell River Area Lakes

I’ve fished many smaller sized lakes around CR for years but have never tried Lower Campbell, Upper Campbell or Buttle. Any recommendations or suggestions appreciated!
  7. C

Area 13/15 Prawns

Get your prawns before the New Year. As of Jan.1 everywhere local to Campbell River will be closed until April 1
  8. C

Lake Boat Wanted

Looking for a 10 foot aluminum boat. Fixer upper OK but no leakers please. No motor or trailer.
  9. C

WTB - Cannonballs

Anyone selling 12 pounders in the Campbell River/Comox Valley area? - will buy two.
  10. C

Prawns North of Deepwater Bay?

How far north of Deepwater does one have to go to get into prawning country? Never had to go that route before but we’re booked into Browns Bay cabins for a few nights for a change.
  11. C

Stainless Prop

Raker V-4 Model - 13.5x18 3 blade -RH Rotation - excellent condition - $225
  12. C

Chinook - Reds vs Whites

Is it just me or are we seeing a greater percentage of white fleshed chinooks in recent years?I’m running over 50% to date this year. It also seems to include a healthy number of clipped fish. No results back from this years heads but last year there were at least two from a net pen program...
  13. C

Rope For Sale

Good quality 5/16 polypropylene rope, green, non-sinking. Any length you need for 6 cents per foot.
Back