Search results

1. C

Ocean Steelhead

Got two in one day deckhanding on commercial troller fishing sockeye off Esperanza way back in the 70’s.
  2. C

2024 Campbell River Reports

Any local prawning reports? Twin Islands? Marina Island? Twin Used to be the go to spot but have kinda lost faith in it.
  3. C

A summary of who I am for them who may not know anything about me.

When I was a kid, Dad and I used to launch our 10 foot pram at Goldstream to save the $1 launching fee that Hall’s Boathouse charged and fish with the Peetz gear -rods, reels, wire line and planer along Chesterfield Rock and over thru Misery Bay! Great memory- always got lots of crabs from the...
  4. C

Chinook Size Limits

Could someone enlighten me as to why the current chinook size limit for the inside waters - basically Georgia Strait ( Salish Sea) is 62 cm while from Victoria westward it is only 45 cm?
  5. C

I just use the data provided by the CR tide guide and add about 20 minutes to it for the Hump/Red Can Area. I also use the Twin Islands data if as an additional measure for calculating the flow for the Green Can area.
  6. C

The boats have been well of Shelter the past few weeks. One guy I know who has been boing well has been dragging 175-200 with 15 pound leads. Go where you see the other boats!
  7. C

Facebook find, fishing related

I can totally see your point. Commercials troll faster than us usually but I’m passing almost everyone out there, even when fishing the hootchies and definitely when fishing plugs.
  8. C

Facebook find, fishing related

When I decked for a high- liner commercial troller, 42 inch tail with the Oki or Hot- Spot was the ticket for springs.....still my go-to combo if I’m not running Plugs.
  9. C

If you have traps, good opportunity for prawns -re-opens for us on April 1 - commies around May 10 usually
  10. C

Shore fishing in Ucluelet

Many years ago, I fished them in front of what is now the Wickaninnish Museum at the South end of Long Beach on low tide. There’s a deep area there out by the rocks which used to be a great crabbing spot also.
  11. C

2023 Campbell River Reports

I also remember watching a guy burn out his clutch in an old beater pick-up at the WP Ramp!!! - back in the winter days when we fished for springs with polar bear flies on the surface!
  12. C

I checked it out earlier today - there are some logs on it but I think you could clear it fairly easily - very easy if you bring a chain saw- less than 10 minutes. Don’t worry about where you put the logs you move!
  13. C

That decoration will look even better once it gets some chinook tooth mark scratches on it!
  14. C

We’re you on the Shelter Point side - if yes - are the small ling cod still a pain there?
  15. C

Prawn question.

Could possibly be Copepods.
  16. C

Saw a couple of nets being waved in the deep off Shelter Pt today- more and more boats working the area with the great water conditions lately. Not happy to see a commercial boat out there though - probably on a food fishing permit- fishing with the gurdies and dragging multiple flashers and...
  17. C

Abandoned Trap - For anyone cruising in the area, there is a Buoy.....by the new regs....should a prawn trap - Round Scotchman....sitting about 1/2 kilometer off shore south of Shelter Point. A more accurate point would be just South of Engles Road. Been there for over a week.
  18. C

2023 Brown’s Bay Reports

Plumper on the Ebb is my favorite. Just hold there in the tide off the point. Fish are often a bit deeper there - up to 100 feet.
  19. C

It’s the local name for the area on the south end of Quadra Is just north of Francisco Point
  20. C

Any size to the hali?
Back