Search results

1. Matthias

2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I was fishing next to Rain City most of yesterday with similar results. Except I'm a better fisherman so I brought home a 64cm. ;) Plug off bottom west of the bell.
  2. Matthias

The boat around the piling at waterfall was a dive boat. There were people diving the reef for a few hours Sunday around noonish
  3. Matthias

Good day in the sound yesterday! One 65cm and a beauty 14 pounder among a bunch of unders. Prawning in area 29 was also productive. Spoons and hoochies produced equally for us
  4. Matthias

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Seals were the story today. Sealed 3 times in two different spots which were all good fish. A few ushers in the mix but just could get away from the whiskers. Hope others had some better luck!
  5. Matthias

Damn that doesn’t look like a feeder. Could be the lighting but that looks like a late Fraser fish based on the color. Interesting!
  6. Matthias

Wanted 23-27' boat 100k max

I'll be listing my boat soon (25ft Bertram/Lynwood) - Not outboard, but a diesel that runs like a dream. The layout and price is what you're after but the engine will be the tradeoff. That said, if you aren't in any rush, I was talking to a builder who was interested in trading my engine for a...
  7. Matthias

Amazing day in howe sound today! After navigating through the pea soup at 10knots from port moody to english bay, the fog finally lifted and we were able to motor to our destination. Lines down at 930, and after reviewing my gopro footage, we had 6 fish in the boat in less than 10 mins, with 2...
  8. Matthias

Commander 26 Re Build

How was taking that backing plate off? No issues with sticking? I've seen people use this method before and to their surprise there was some bonding to backer and was a pain in the a** to peel off. Just curious how easy it was for you
  9. Matthias

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

2002 KingFisher 2425 with 225 Yamaha - 211hrs... This thing is appealing. A bit pricey considering the age of the motor (2002). What's the deal with old, low hour motors? Junk or still good? My buddy got some extra photos and the layout inside is awesome. Not sure why they ever changed it. I'm...
  10. Matthias

One at the cap for our efforts. Herring dragging bottom. Slow day but glad we converted our chance! About 18-20lb, white
  11. Matthias

Derby day. The most useless day on the reports forum 😂
  12. Matthias

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

This seems like an interesting deal. I wonder how old and used those motors are. They look relatively new. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/848234849927946/?mibextid=6ojiHh
  13. Matthias

New wind and wave app

This is great!! I know it's probably not within the scope of your project but if there was a forecasting model built into this... That would be 💣💣
  14. Matthias

Boat movers

How big is your boat? He moved my 25ft bertram this summer from port moody to alberni and back I used Jason Allsop (250)-949-1849. Make sure you tell him you need a trailer.
  15. Matthias

Tuna Fisherman Wanted - Sept 8th -12th

Expecting a good report when you boys are back!
  16. Matthias

Mistakes

Running out from false creek to the bell one year, I was a bit overconfident with 4 buddies on board. Cruising at 23knots a bit too close to the sandbank. All of a sudden the boat came to an abrupt, but soft halt. Damnit. Beached it. It kicked my leg up a few inches so a buddy hopped in and...
  17. Matthias

Mistakes

I’ve done this one too. I remember that feeling of watching the flasher sink. Funny one to think about!
  18. Matthias

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Just got back from a trip - I was there Friday to Monday. Day 1- Friday we left PA and tried a few spots along the inlet which didn't produce much, just one good sized coho. Perhaps it was the week of seining and gillnetting? Moved on up and tried Assits to no avail, then robbers, also nothing...
Back