Search results

1. S

2021 Chinook Evaluation Framework: FYI /Review & Feedback

Does SFAB have any bullet points or a template email that can be used to encourage friends and family to provide feedback?
  2. S

Steelhead Voices, new update.

Don't forget about the gill netting for Chinook during May, June, and July when Coastal Fraser Summer Runs are migrating through the Fraser.
  3. S

Minister Wilkinson to make announcement on the protection of aquatic species at

WRT fish traps on the Fraser, I'd be concerned that unless issues like compliance with regulations & opening times, catch reporting & catch monitoring are addressed, a fish trap would only result in further exploitation of at risk stocks.. eg. some of the PICFI initiatives have resulted in...
  4. S

Winter fishing yes/no

I'd hope Gibbs Delta couple do a little better than to post pics of 3/4lbers on social media at present ... IMO the dead fish lined up on the dock is negative PR. edit** ^ Dave beat me to it
  5. S

Interesting, thank you for the background Dave.
  6. S

Great News! From the link it is not clear if there is any action planned for the Fraser between Chilliwack and Hope. I'm optimistic that a Guardian Program on the Fraser would improve issues with catch reporting, compliance with regulations, opening times, illegal netting, ect.. Look forward...
  7. S

Steelhead and nets. By Bob Hooton

38,000 reported Chinook, when escapement estimates to spawning grounds are 97,000....wow.
  8. S

Repowering

Most new four strokes are very comparable for weight, power, reliability, ect... I found Checkpoint Yamaha a hassle to deal as oppose to Inlet marine. The marine resources at reed point make DIY work easy as well. This was a major factor for me in going w/ Mercs. I'm running twin 2015 F150's...
  9. S

NEW Fishery Minister

Thought I’d try the friendly approach before it’s too late. Hope others send there thoughts as well: Dear Honourable Minister Wilkinson, I am extremely exited that the west coast has a fisheries minister from our own backyard. I am 30 years old, a professionally engineer, avid recreational...
  10. S

Halibut question

Wrap it in bacon!
  11. S

Feds buy KM pipeline

cont'd... That 30-megatonne increase is roughly equal to the annual greenhouse gas emissions from all the cars, trucks, buses, and boats currently used by 14 million people in Ontario. Put another way, by 2030 Alberta’s annual extra oilsands emissions will be equal to importing an Ontario’s...
  12. S

Feds buy KM pipeline

An interesting read.... The fatal flaw of Alberta's oil expansion By Paul McKay in Opinion | March 7th 2018 Mine site in Alberta's oilsands. File photo by Andrew S. Wright Previous story Two weeks ago, the first supertanker capable of holding two million barrels of oil departed for the...
  13. S

WHALE WATCHING HARASSMENT

Wow, what timing... An Orca was tangled in a commercial prawn line yesterday. I'm sure more details will follow. https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/caught-on-cam-entangled-whale-thanks-rescuers-with-giant-leap-1.3955181 Salt Spring Island - I wonder if this took place in one of the effected "refuge"...
  14. S

Catch Greenlings for bait

I hope you don't plan on killing a large ling?.. Nothing worse than seeing large dead females at the dock. The biggest lings will occupy the prime feeding locations not necessarily the deepest reefs..
  15. S

Running 3 downriggers on a 23’ boat

Hi All, I’m debating mounting a third downrigger off my 23’ Whaler Outrage. Do others have experience running 3 downriggers off smaller boats and is it worth it? A few questions below. -how is turning? -reccomend boom angle? -how often do you use all 3? Thanks in advance.
Back