Search results

1. D

Rod tension

Just curious what’s everyone’s thought on how tight to load up your rods on the DR clip. Only reason I ask is I noticed last week at Nootka lots of guys troll with what seems like very little tension on the rods. Just seems like the hook up ratio decreases without the rod bent over with a lot of...
  2. D

West Coast Guide Certifications

Just curious what a fishing guide is required to have for certifications?
  3. D

Fraser River in Prince George

Anyone have any experience fishing the Fraser in Prince George? Dropping off my kid at university there on the long weekend and was wondering if I should bring along some fishing gear. Google hasn’t been very informative on this. Any help would be great.
  4. D

Navionics Question

So just picked up a extra used Lowrance unit for the boat. It came with a Nav card but the card definitely needs a update. Since I have a account for updating my other card can I update my new card as well? Every time I try it’s asking me for $99USD. Just wondering if anyone else with 2 cards or...
  5. D

Navionics help

Gents, I notice that there’s a “Anchor Symbol” on many areas of the West Coast. Many times there is some odd spots with over 150ft depths. Was wondering it this symbol may or could mean it’s a anchoring/mooring buoy? Looking at spontaneous trip to Nootka In May and was just gonna sleep in the...
  6. D

How long to keep your fish on ice?

Just wondering how long can a guy keep his fish on ice? Typically the place I fish ( 5-7 day trip) has a blast freezer so coming home with our fish frozen has been the norm, however I’m looking at possibly expanding my fishing horizon and exploring more which means camping on the water and not...
  7. D

Relief Band

Anyone have any experience with them. Got a Kid that struggles offshore. We’ve tried that patches behind the ear and it really messes up her vision. I have no problem spending the couple of hundred buck if they work.
  8. D

Catching/Targeting Tyee's

So...do guys that catch Tyee's actually target them? How much of it is luck? I realize that the area you fish has alot to do with it but how much of catching a Tyee is actually skill by targeting them or is it just pure luck? I just finished up my week long stint in Nootka ( my 6th year) and...
  9. D

Who’s hoarding all the boat trailers.

So if you own a boat, I’d assume you have a trailer to go along with it. I’m kinda sorta always looking to upgrade boats and am pretty surprised how many boats don’t have trailers. Where do they go? Is it really not worth owning a trailer if your boat is moored up at a marina?
  10. D

How to clean your boat???

So I'm in the market for a good used fiber glass boat and am just amazed on how dirty and beat up some of these boats interiors get. My question is whats the best way to clean the dirty dingy fiber glass floors on these boats and get them back to near perfect white color. . I apologize in...
  11. D

place to stay in Nanimo

can anyone recommend a hotel/motel to stay at in Nanimo that is boat friendly? only going to stay 1 night. Thanks
Back