Search results

1. At Ease

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

1st and second were 18 something and third was 17.
  2. At Ease

Garmin GMR18 for sale ——> Sold

Garmin GMR18 with a new power and data cable for sale. Asking $1000 obo. Perfect for anyone running a older Garmin unit that wants to add Radar. Worked perfect till the day it was taken down. I upgraded to the Fantom 18” due to having to replace my sounder and transducer. Located in the Comox...
  3. At Ease

2020 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Late post. My wife battled in her first Tyee Sunday at Congreve Island.
  4. At Ease

There was a bite at first light. Then it goes quite for a bit. Definitely a 10 o’clock on nibble. Guys were doing decent late afternoon and evenings as well.
  5. At Ease

Pill and Useless were ok for us. A 12 and a 17 for my dad to fight in. Some boats limited out others were skunked while all fishing in the same area.
  6. At Ease

Thanks for posting the pic. My dad and my wife out on the back deck. Late start to the morning. Got tot Pill after 7. Missed the early bite. Left before the mid morning bite. Hit cross point up to Fullerton. Nothing of any real size for us to keep. Stopped to jig. Picked up a Kelp Greenling and...
  7. At Ease

Some do and some don’t it seems. Tried pill first thing. Not much happening there and didn’t want to deal with Mr Seal swimming there if we did. Put in behind Fleming and trolled to Kirby. Only saving grace was less shakers. Nothing worth keeping for our boat. Saw a couple nice fish brought back...
  8. At Ease

Started at Bradies beach and trolled into and thru Whittlestone and back to Bamfield Harbour. Picked up one 8lb spring just as we entered Whittlestone. Picked up one 10lb coho and lost two as we were going back past Bradies. The spring was absolutely stuffed with big squid. Hear that fish were...
  9. At Ease

Tried our luck on the other side today. Started half way between Chup and Ecole. On the way to Pill saw a Mola Mola (aka Pacific Sun Fish) finning on the surface. Trolled into Blood bay, turned back at Useless, back past Pill to Cross point, up and thru Holford to Diplock. Pulled up there...
  10. At Ease

Fished Yankee bay to Bamfield this morning. Only shakers for us. Saw 1 boat net a nice one and that was it.
  11. At Ease

Picked up a 22, 12, 10 and 8lb springs and two rockfish at Cree yesterday morning. Today put in at Ecole and had a hit just as we got the other rod set up. Nice fish but lost it at the boat. Only hit all morning. Trolled from there to the far side of useless and back to Fullerton. DFO out in...
  12. At Ease

Yesterday morning was a wash for us. Started behind Pill in Blood bay. Trolled to the mouth of Useless, part way to Allen Point then back to Pill, down to Ecole, across to Cross point and finally pulled up at Fullerton. Very thick fog. Great day to get some practice on the Radar. For those that...
  13. At Ease

Father in law got 2 springs 12&10 and two coho 7&5. Mainly at Swale.
  14. At Ease

Meers to Cree just shakers. Lots of fog so we pulled up and hit Diplock thru Holford and finished up in Junction pass. Skunked for keepers. Father in law boat hit a couple. I will update when then get in.
  15. At Ease

Brother in law hit a 34.5 lb spring first this morning at Kirby. Then nothing. They fished till noon and pulled up.
  16. At Ease

2020 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Counted over a dozen commercial boats going past Haggard Cove heading up the inlet tonight.
  17. At Ease

Shakers this morning from Yacht club, Swiss boy, Diplock to friend.
  18. At Ease

Just shakers for us at swale this morning.
  19. At Ease

2020 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Have they got their numbers? There was a commercial boat with their net in the water near Hocking point yesterday?
  20. At Ease

Nope. It is a home built. Guy from Port Alberni made it and two others like it. Mine is the first. Second is up north. 3rd was just brought back to Port A this year.
Back