Search results

1. P

Plugs for ECVI.....

Have been using 4 " tubbys with good results, regular 4'' and 5'', don't usually use anything over 5" 700, 407 (killers!) 602 ps, 232, 408
  2. P

Powell River 2014

Nice fish ! There was a good bite at the Sandbanks, Harwood Island, on the low tide this afternoon. We bonked one around 20, released a couple and lost a few all on plugs, the 700 4" Tubby was the hot one today
  3. P

small plugs

Morning Redfish, You will find you get a wider range of movement the further back you run your plug, that being said i'm cautious of how far I run my gear back as you can cross your lines. I usually have my plugs out around 40 ft or so and my speed is around 2.4 - 2.7 mph. There are a lot of...
  4. P

small plugs

Redfisher, I fish the 4" plugs winter and summer here in Powell River, and always pull the pins. Even when the large herring are around those small plugs produce. I have been using the 4" tubbys also and they have been great, some good colors around here are 602 ps, 700, 407, 433, bump up your...
  5. P

Nw licence for kids..is this new?

FA is right, if they are under 16 they don't need a freshwater license but should be accompanied by an adult who has one
  6. P

Powell River 2014

Nice to see a good herring spawn from around the Westview Harbour up to Second beach just South of the Mill today.
  7. P

TOMIC PLUG : The most popular colors for salmon on plugs

A couple I really like that i don't see posted above are 232, 407, 408. I think the 602 is for sure one of the better color patterns and seems to work well every where. Never under estimate the power of the 4" plug either, those little buggers slay everywhere, 700 is a beauty
  8. P

Powell River Winter

Fished the front side of Harwood Island on Sunday, just down from the Spit. Got into 3 nice keepers, 7 - 11 lbs. Fished in 140 - 180 ft of water, 4" 602 PS and green glow spoon did the damage, crabbing was also good had 5 nice ones and a bunch of small guys, good day !
  9. P

Toba Inlet

i believe 178
  10. P

Powell River Winter

Thats a Beauty ! The best time of the year to fish is coming ! Heading out right now for a few hours
  11. P

What do you do?

Spent 15 seasons guiding between Rivers Inlet and Haida Gwaii, now a Public Works Labourer for the City of Powell River
  12. P

Sooke 2013 Fishing Reports

The reg is a stupid one for sure, I think it just as stupid of them to not have a mandatory circle hook reg in it though. Hearing comments of guys using big trebles with a single trailing, I would hope some would realize it would be better on the fish with a circle, I know they sometimes can go...
  13. P

Facebook Powell River Wjnter spring fishing

Yeah the Grants side is what we call the backside of Harwood, nice long tack always been a good winter spot, it's closed during most of the summer months
  14. P

Halibut Notice

sorry meant to say barbed hooks
  15. P

Halibut Notice

I thinks its a bit retarded that they have not made circle hooks mandatory with this new reg, i remember back in 96 or when ever, we had non retention in the Gwaii for chinooks, but barbless hooks were still fine, lol
  16. P

Facebook Powell River Wjnter spring fishing

Nice fish ! Harwood has been good all winter long, especially the backside. Lots of undersize around with a few nice ones mixed in, 200 ft. Haven't seen alot of bait around, the last one we kept had a couple herring and a couple shiners in the belly though. The bite for us has been right on the...
  17. P

Down rigger tips

I will agree with you Craven, I use the 200 lb power pro, smooth and quiet and i have never had a break off, love the stuff
  18. P

Spoon Name...

I also liked the joker Burnsy
  19. P

Petition Against Net Pen Salmon Farms!

Also signed, myself and my son!
Back