Search results

1. ILHG

(SOLD) Like New Shimano Talica 12

I have a like new Shimano Talica 12 for sale. It is loaded with brand new 65# power pro. The line is packed tight on the reel and put on with constant tension. The reel was only used once on a single day. I found my kids need a 2 speed. (They leave the reel in the rod holder and just crank.)...
  2. ILHG

Lets see your best Friend

Let's show our best friend (friends). To many times here we have only shared pictures of our best buddys after they have left us. Lets show them now when they are here. This guy is my best buddy and my favorite company on the boat. if your wondering what breed he is, he is an...
  3. ILHG

WTF is wrong with this trout

I was in Costco tonight and seem this. Looks like it's cross breed with a dam goldfish. Do pepole actually eat this ****. Here is why we fish!
  4. ILHG

Cant argue this is the future of outboards

Watch this video and prove me wrong. Best outboard on the market. Make sure you at least watch from the 1 minute mark on. This video inspired me to prove the same on my boat this summer. I will set up a gopro with the Cambel River chop and show why mine makes me so happy :~) I challenge all...
  5. ILHG

Stabicraft going to build in NA

I'm happy to see Sabicraft dropping an anchor in NA https://www.myclallamcounty.com/2021/12/14/new-zealand-boat-builders-expand-manufacturing-to-port-of-port-angeles/
  6. ILHG

PFMC Approves cuts to halibut trawl bycatch

“A federal fishery council vote Monday could set the stage for future cuts of up to 35% in the incidental halibut take of a largely Washington-based trawl fleet… …In 2019, the bottom-trawl fleet’s incidental take, or bycatch, of halibut tallied nearly 3.1 million pounds as vessels used huge...
  7. ILHG

Government impounded equipment for sale

Looks like the fish cops took this equipment off someone. Now its on the government auction. For those of you on the island its worth looking at https://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?snc=wfsav&sc=enc-bid&scn=377244&lcn=525816&lct=L&srchtype=&lci=&str=1&lotnf=1&frmsr=1&sf=ferm-clos
  8. ILHG

Guess who's truck now matches his boat

Got my new license plate today! Now it matches my boat "Rippin Lips"!! BOOM!!!
  9. ILHG

Supporting the well-being of every Canadian

Its time to get some truth out there. A great video to watch going into the upcoming election. This message needs to be heard across this great country.
  10. ILHG

Yelloweye?

Seen this posted today from queen Charlotte safaris... This looks 100% yelloweye to me. I would like to know your thoughts.
  11. ILHG

Pressure Bleeding Salmon

I have seen the benefits of power bleeding your fish. Its amazing what a difference it makes for meat quality. I bonk & bleed on the boat, but even that can not compare to the quality you get when you cut the fins off & pressure bleed the fish. I have been trying to make a set up to do this but...
  12. ILHG

New Yamaha Reliance SDS 13 - 3/4 × 19

I have a new Yamaha Reliance SDS prop. It's a 13 - 3/4 x 19 RH. It came new with my boat. When I put it in the water for the first time I found I was over propped and couldn't get the rpm's I needed. Ended up switching it out for a smaller prop. The prop has about 2hrs on it in fresh water...
  13. ILHG

Embarrassing moment,,, now I need advice

Well, today was the only day I had to take the boat out and make sure everything was running good before I Leave for Haida Gwaii Next Friday. Its the first time in the water this year. Was going about 30 MPH when I found a sand/gravel bar.... Worst sound and feeling I have ever had. I actually...
  14. ILHG

Lingcod Jaw Mount

So, I sent my lingcod head away to get the jaw mounted. After looking into it i found out there is no one who will actually use the real head & jaws when they do taxidermy. Its always a fiberglass replica. For me this is the best part as its what makes lingcod so awesome. Its unreal the work...
  15. ILHG

Check out what I got for my wife

So, I liked my Gaff & Thumper from "Westcoast Thumpers" so much I had him help me out with something for my wife. She wanted a solid rolling pin made out of Hard wood. While looking at the store for some I got thinking about how the wood work on my gaff is way nicer. Then I thought, maybe he...
  16. ILHG

Have to show these off

I just opened my Bday gifts tonight with my wife and kids. I was blown away with what they got me. These are handmade in BC and are nothing short of gorgeous. I Honestly cant think of a gift I have liked more. The quality is unreal. All locally sourced wood. With Xmas coming you might want to...
  17. ILHG

Salmon management plan proposes big cut to B.C. chinook fisheries

The Pacific Salmon Commission has recommended a conservation plan to manage salmon stocks on both sides of the Canada-U.S. border that proposes a 12.5 per cent reduction in B.C. chinook fisheries. The agreement would run from 2019 to 2028. It was reached after two years of intense negotiations...
  18. ILHG

New Tower Build

Well, i just got back from getting a custom tower installed on my boat. After tons of research I ended up going with "Whodat Towers" out of Washington State. I can not say enough about these guys. I could not be happier with the customer service and quality i received. They worked with me for a...
  19. ILHG

DFO Looks at closing down parts of Haida Gwaii for Northern Whales

https://www.haidagwaiiobserver.com/news/haida-gwaii-fishing-grounds-are-key-to-survival-of-northern-resident-killer-whales-dfo/
  20. ILHG

Adding Lights to Hewescraft Searunner

Folks, I am looking for some advice regarding adding lights to my Hewescraft Searunner. I recently had an experience I don't want to repeat again if possible. I stayed out to late & was navigating a channel with markers in the dark & it was not fun..... The channel is only accessible by the tide...
Back