Search results

1. B

Mooching reel, mono vs braid

Also use top shot of mono ...Another bennifit of braid I find is it is easier to pull it off the clip with less stretch /effort .. but mono seems to keep it attached lime it’s supposed to
  2. B

Halibut chum cans allowed ?

Great....Thank u ... Yes ... I looked on the booklet ... And didn't see a restriction either .... But hearing contrary info from respected guys in the know made me nervous to try it ....
  3. B

Halibut chum cans allowed ?

I have asked several experienced fishermen and guides if chum cans are allowed when fishing for halibut..with mixed answers ... Some have said they are absolutely allowed ... Some have said they are not ..... Just wondering if DFO boards my boat .... And I am using one .... Will there be issues...
  4. B

2017 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Just back from bammy 4day trip with 3 on the boat ... Road .. Good .. Saw 2 graders workin it on the way there and back .. Overall fishing was good ... Limited on springs ... And 8 coho ... As usual Some areas produced well one day .... Then not the next .... .... Most consistent and best...
  5. B

Hey folks Just checked the DFO website for area 23/123 Barklay Sound I could be wrong here ....but it appears there has been a mid season change in rockfish retention limits .... When I checked a few months ago and wrote it down ...I'm almost positive Site showed daily limit for rockfish 3...
  6. B

Just back from 4 days in bam... Weather and winds where great ! For the 3 of us we managed 9 keeper springs(one teener) .... 1 Hali ... Rockfish and 5 keeper lings Threw a ton of time and effort on Hali off shore .... No love .... Caught ours trolling for salmon in 30' of water at...
  7. B

Just a curiosity ..... Was there ever a meathod the FN could have used back 2-300 years ago to catch prawns at all .... ?
  8. B

Just back from 4 days in bammy .... Road sloppy but not horrible ... 2 shy of our limit of springs ..... 4-8 lb range Afternoon bite was sloooow... Morning bite was best... ap sandlance and glow hoochie had most success ... Near the bottom ... Brady's and whittlestone cold ... More success at...
  9. B

iTroll performance report

I bought the itroll this spring ... No issues so far .. Works great ... Everyone that fished on my boat this year was really impressed ..... Only feedback I paid for the "hunt" feature.... Found that it wasn't very applicable and practical for ocean use.... Too many variables for fixed...
  10. B

2016 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Just back from bam Fishing scratchy for sure .... managed 2 shy of our limit for springs , 4 days fishing Fished Cree , Kirby , Edward king .... Lots of shakers ... Larger fish and better luck and fish size for us Was at whittlestone .... First light to 8am was best ... Most Bellies full of...
Back