Search results

1. 2

Damn surge brakes

From what I recall it does not really disengage even on level ground. I use the pin all the time now so that is why I say 'from what I recall'. I use the pin even when backing the boat up at the launch.
  2. 2

Damn surge brakes

I have a Highliner Boat trailer with surge disk brakes with a Titan hitch. It is for a 21 ft walk around. When I purchased the trailer many years ago I was also told that when I back up the trailer brakes would disengage. Well that did not occur and I also have a slight incline to my driveway. I...
  3. 2

2023 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Fished Nootka Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Due to the winds, fished only on the inside. It was a grind. With 2 people, managed to come back with 7, but certainly had to put in the hours. All fish on anchovies. 18 lbs the largest.
  4. 2

2022 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

For work, I had to take in a tandem 16 ft trailer (U-Haul Type Trailer, for lack of a better description) into Zeballos a couple of weeks ago. It took me 45 minutes from the hwy turnoff to Zeballos and I was driving with care. There has been a lot of work done on the Zeballos FSR in recent years...
  5. 2

2022 Powell River Reports

Was out last Saturday - caught 1 of 11 lbs and released one of 18-20 lbs. This Saturday released one of about 10 lbs. There were orcas at the mouth of Toba yesterday which may have put a damper on the salmon fishing.
  6. 2

2021 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Fished Kitty Coleman this a.m. 3 small Chinook - 11, 10, and 8 lbs. All deep 210-230 on the downrigger. Fished mostly by the northerly hump. Plug and Hootchie. Did not see many nets or much action; however the boats are quite spread out so v.easy to miss something.
  7. 2

2021 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Fished Nootka Sat evening, all day Sunday and Monday morning. Was not successful. 1 small (circa 6-7 lbs) chinook to show for the effort. Sat - Camel Rock, Hoiss Pt., Cooptee Sun - Cooptee, Burwood, Camel Rock. Caught the small one at Camel Rock Sunday evening. Mon - Tried Esperanza - Rosa...
  8. 2

2021 Campbell River Reports

I was up last Saturday. 2 legal, 3 undersize and 2 oversize. Fished just above the Toba Wilderness Lodge (I believe it is called that). I believe Toba it is more of a May fishery. The only reason I went up there was to show my Dad, who is from the Interior, a new area. I was not expecting much...
  9. 2

2019 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Coopte Point (spelled it wrong in prior post). It is located at the mouth of Tahsis Inlet or west of Hoiss Point.
  10. 2

2019 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Fished Esperanza, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday (i.e. today). Sunday - fished Pin Rock, Low Rock, 6 Mile Reef and Rosa. Aside from 1/2 dozen small chinook (4-8 lbs), plus some coho and pinks at Pin Rock in the a.m. the other spots did not produce. Did see 1 caught at Rosa though in the afternoon. As...
  11. 2

2018 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Fished Esperanza Saturday (Sept 1) and Sunday (Sept 2). Sat: 3 Chinook and lost 1 - Saltry Bay / Rosa Sun: 1 Chinook - Saltry Bay I did not talk to anyone, so unsure how others were doing but did see a nets out, so still a few Chinook around. For us, largest 24 lbs. Others - mid teens. All fish...
  12. 2

2018 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Just returned from a 4 day trip (Saturday-Tuesday) in Esperanza. As mentioned in the prior posts, off-shore is where the fish are. Tried a bit closer in - 5 mile reef, the Pins, 50 fathom line where it turns from east/west to south. No luck whatsoever. Ferrer was a bit hit/miss; however this...
  13. 2

2017 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Fished Friday and Saturday - slow as mentioned. 3 Chinook on Friday (Cooptee) and Saturday no luck. Hardly saw any nets out on Saturday.
  14. 2

Nootka Sound / Esperanza Inlet Reports

Fished Esperanza this Tue, Wed and Thurs (July 25-27). Tue = 3 chinook, Wed = 11 chinook, Thurs = 6 chinook plus lost 2. All on anchovy. Fish were primarily mid-teens, with the largest 17-18 lbs. Primarily fished Pin Rock and an 'unnamed rock' at the mouth of Esperanza approximately 1000 meters...
  15. 2

2016 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Fishing Reports

I was at the launch on Monday (Sept 5). Sign said Marina (I take that word with a grain of salt) closed on Sept 6. Fellow behind me told me that they were going to start repairs this week and the launch would not be useable (i.e. closed), which is why he was taking his boat out now. He seemed to...
Back