Search results

1. R

Canucks 2021 Season

I think Myers has a perpetual cold, all that he does is cough up pucks. LOL Lets see, he constantly gives up the puck, can't hit the net if his life depended on it, he's frustrating to watch.
  2. R

Canucks 2021 Season

By the way they were talking it sounds like the owner might be willing to buy out the six million dollar's a year man, Eriksson to free up some salary cap. Are they still paying for Roberto to be retired in Florida? Big dollar bad deals just hamstring you. And make's it so you can't keep guys...
  3. R

Canucks 2021 Season

I would say the guy's that are on their last year of a contract have something to play for. The major thing that absolutely drive me crazy with this team is how seemly easy they give up the puck in their own zone.
  4. R

2021 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

I swear some people don't think it's stealing, more of a game. A number of years a go, I was mooching in front of Secret Cove and much to my dismay I watched a sail boat motor right up to my prawn traps that I was soaking and pull them. By the time I pulled my anchor and I got going they were...
  5. R

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

What a great Mooching or Jigging platform. Back in the day I would have had that thing looking like a Porcupine with baited rods sticking out.
  6. R

Vintage fly rod and reel for sale

The reel looks like the from Japan knock off's of the J W Young&Sons Windex mooching reel. Those Redl glass rods were good moochers.
  7. R

Leader line

For trolling, mooching, or jigging?
  8. R

Can Someone Explain This Technique To Me?

So you were having the hot hand? I think you were putting too much pressure on the reel, I'v used graphite mooching reels fore ever and never burnt my fingers on one. That said I'v had a hot thumb on my levelwind more than once trying to hold back a freight train spring on the Fraser.
  9. R

Can Someone Explain This Technique To Me?

Finally some photos of a guy handling a rod properly LOL, I was taught this method of rod handling by my dad when I was 6 yrs. old (my hands weren't big enough yet but that didn't matter, it was going to be the way I was going to be fishing, no if's, ands, or buts. The only reels my dad owned...
  10. R

WTB Hardy Longstone Reel

There were a couple for sale on Facebook market place
  11. R

Sighting in a rifle

Practice, practice, practice! That lead sled is for sighting in your rife, after you get it zeroed in, just sand bags at the range is good enough for practice. One thing I was told as a young guy by an instructor was to practice shooting with both eye's open so you'll never lose sight of your...
  12. R

Scott's right, I'v got a DE 17.5 and when I bought it as a new to me boat it came with an older Evenrude 2 stroke 70hp and it was grossly under powered. When I repowered to a Merc 115hp 2 stroke it really improved. Buy it with the 60 and run it until it drops and then repower it, that's what I...
  13. R

Brand New 10' Hardy Rod for sale--SOLD

It's a Hardy 10ft. tied at "Fred Custom Tackle", what it needs is a Hardy silex for the Vedder or a Hardy Longstone to mooch to mooch with. You might regret it if you sell it.
  14. R

Technique for landing big chinooks solo

Number one things stay calm when you know it's a big fish. Slow down get out of traffic, then go into neutral and get the riggers out of the way.
  15. R

It's a great looking boat, but I have one question. Why would someone have it raw water cooled from day one? It's not that much more to have it fresh water cooled.
  16. R

White Spring. Love it!

When canning Red Springs I will always put some White Spring in with it, the Whites are fatter than Reds and god knows that big reds are drier than a popcorn fart and need the moisture, If I have it I will use the whites belly flap part to put with the red, makes great canned salmon.
  17. R

White Spring. Love it!

X2 on the smoked whites, I think as smoked salmon they are only second too sockeye. At the Pike Street Market in Seattle they call them Albino Kings, a friend of mines wife brought one home after a shopping trip to Seattle, he was pissed. He release's 30 pounders on the Fraser R. when you're...
  18. R

That thing would fly, it's only rated for 150hp max. A guy that I worked with had the same boat with a 175hp 2 stroke, can you say chine walker, scary fast.
  19. R

Double Eagle 176EX stern heavy

I agree 115 is good but a 140 or 135 is better, a 75 is bare min.
  20. R

2021 Bronco...

Well that brought back fond memories, I had a 74 Bronco with a 302 in it with 3 on the tree, and I had a soft top for it. The most fun vehicle I ever owned other than my 17 DE. I'm going to have a real serious look at that two door. I haven't own a Ford since that 74 Bronco. We'll see.
Back