Search results

1. Bordeau

2024 Nanaimo Reports

Lader = length arm About 62 inches
  2. Bordeau

2024 Nanaimo Reports

First time out since September. Fished Fingers yesterday from 1 to 4pm. Lots of undersized. Riggers at 220 and 150. Both saw plenty of action. No keeper. Closest was about 57cm. It is an approximate measurement from my gaff length as the fish swims beside the boat. Spoons worked so I did not...
  3. Bordeau

2023 Nanaimo Reports

I fished yesterday morning until 10am. Lots of pinks at 40 ft, unclipped coho at 60-70, undersized spring at 85. All on spoons. It worked so I did not switch. I also tried lingcod and only found small ones. For supper, my family ate a nice pink on the BBQ. Life is good.
  4. Bordeau

Alarm in rough seas

Yes water is coming out the tell tale but not steady and not at full pressure. The alarm is from the ignition key box connected to the engine.
  5. Bordeau

Alarm in rough seas

1 Yes, I installed an aftermarket water pressure gage. 2 It doesn’t overrev. The engine works the waves: harder up, easy down. 3 Waves 3-5 ft. I’m riding with wind coming from behind. They would be too big for my liking to go face first into them. The boat is rocking up and down. Although the...
  6. Bordeau

Alarm in rough seas

It happened once last year and again this season. My 16ft Double Eagle is riding up and down the white cap waves and the engine alarm sounds on the 2004 60hp Mercury. At that time, I notice that the water pressure gage is not as stable as usual. It fluctuates from 5 to 20 psi. On flat waters...
  7. Bordeau

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Some fish is correct but near Entrance or Finger Islands, there are plenty of fish. I went to Entrance Thursday evening and after 45 minutes of switching lures, I offered an anchovie and got rewarded right away with a 77cm 13 lbs spring. 85 ft over 200. It had 12 cm fish in its stomach. I...
  8. Bordeau

2023 Nanaimo Reports

After hooking a few undersized, we pulled this one from 100 feet. Not much of a fight, typical dead weight drag with a few head shakes. 22lbs 94cm Very tasty family diner and still 2 more meals in the freezer.
  9. Bordeau

Tuna for sale nanaimo/french creek?

Try Island Wild Seafoods out of Nanaimo. A nice family business. They are on Facebook. I get my tuna from them.
  10. Bordeau

2022 Nanaimo Reports

Caught a 64cm on a spoon at first light (about 6:45am) this morning. 60ft down over 120 of water between the navigation light and Clarke light. 4 other shakers before 7:30am and nothing after that. There is still lots of bait balls showing up. We tried jigging but no luck. Actually, I did not...
  11. Bordeau

2022 Nanaimo Reports

I use this brand as it is very sturdy and much more affordable...
  12. Bordeau

2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

We explored most common fishing spot and this tackle is what caught most of our fish. I recycled the labels so I have no idea what the names are. I was surprised when a 15lbs spring took it at the surface while setting the line. The regular spoon was very productive too for cleaning all 9 salmon!
  13. Bordeau

2022 Nanaimo Reports

Never heard of it but I do now. Thanks for sharing the info.
  14. Bordeau

2022 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

No sockeye bites for us yesterday morning but got 2 springs on sockeye gear at 30 and 40 feet deep.
  15. Bordeau

2022 Nanaimo Reports

At Entrance, I find that the current is strong enough to pull my buoy under water at tide change. Go back to your spot at low slack and you might see it again. I hope you find it. Unless the trap stealer from Vancouver is back!!!
  16. Bordeau

2022 Nanaimo Reports

Lots of boats near Fingers this afternoon. So I decided to try Neck Point and was rewarded with 3 hits within an hour. 2 undersized and a 77 cm. 250 on the downrigger in 250 of water. White hoochie, no banana flasher. 30 prawns, lunch at the Dinghy Dock Pub and a salmon dinner. My out of...
  17. Bordeau

2021 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Sorry to hear that and it makes me feel better knowing I am not the only one experiencing some type of frustration with an empty fish bag. All the thinking will keep your mind fresh for years to come. Keep it up.
  18. Bordeau

2021 Nanaimo Reports

Where excatly is Grande? The Grande Island from Fingers?
  19. Bordeau

2021 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

I am curious to see where the fish were but I can’t find Douglas Island on my map. Can you guide me a bit more please?
Back