Search results

1. J

Quesnel Lake With Downriggers

Near the town of Horsefly, the road can flood, usually at end of June. I was up June 17-19th one year and I had one day that was too windy. Fish were on the surface, including 2 lakers.
  2. J

Livewell pump (saltwater) is illegal in BC?

I thought it was; don't keep salmon alive in your livewell.
  3. J

anchor fishing plugs in the vedder mouth

You might want to go into Fred's Custom Tackle and ask to talk to Tony. He is interested in that also.
  4. J

Smoked trout gone wrong

my brother in law says his dad smoked Chum salmon via the cold smoke method. 3 days and nights , pipe buried in the ground, 20' away. Alder.
  5. J

Prawn question.

If they are about 1/4 inch long, are they not baby prawns n shrimp.
  6. J

Subject: Cowichan River closure- a portion of the river

Is it still a good area to steelie fish? the highway bridge, just below it used to be fine, a bit overgrown...
  7. J

White River Sayward

Summer run steelhead river. the great Eric Carlisle used to take a trip there once and a while, and then write an article about it.
  8. J

Sage CP3113-3–Downrigger Rod?

I had a 3106lb without a trigger reel seat made for bait caster, but sold it as It was too weak on 12lb steelhead, even in low water. The trigger reel seat is much preferred. I asked the tackle shop that made it if it was possible to use it as a CP rod, and was told the guides for CP stand...
  9. J

Cowichan Coho

Is there an opening for Coho retention on the river this year. If not can you sport fish, catch n release, for Coho? Should I check FN on the dfo site?
  10. J

Wtb fishing gear. Help get me started!

I'm out in Chilliwack/Sardis. i have lots of spoons, hoochies, plugs, flashers, bait heads, hooks for you. also a buddy has rods and reels, net.
  11. J

Help Finding a high wattage/temperature 12 volt Element for Warming Oven

I wonder what the boat surveyor and the insurance agent will think of these ideas?
  12. J

Okanagan lake reports 2023

bucktail only, or spinner and bucktail combo?
  13. J

Vintage spoons ?

I've had good luck on the Wonder spoons, big and small. the chrome Superior is good on west coast, halibut love it.
  14. J

Vintage spoons ?

the krippled k size #1 and the tom mac #2 are hard to find, bottom row.
  15. J

Replacing original hooks on spoons

Northern king spoons have something like that. folds in sheetmetal make it ridged.
  16. J

If I don't want to pay the price for an Islander..... what would you buy?

I found one that seemed unused in a 2nd hand shop. Had some good line on it, so started using it a few days a year. Drag is good, tho takes some time to get used to it. drag washers seem excellent. There is no clicker so took it apart, and found no pawl to do the clicking!
  17. J

Alouette Lake

Yes, you could keep the Cutthroats, and the Dolly/Bull; keep the large one if over 60cm.
  18. J

Trailer Bolt Replacement

Perhaps the idea of using aluminum on a trailer is a presumptuous, or pretentious one.
  19. J

Trailer Bolt Replacement

I sailed on my brothers sailboat a few times. He had discussions with other sailors re SS vs galvanized. conclusion was that you can't see ahead of time that the SS fastener is going to fail, but with the galvanized you can see the stress and soon to fail fastener, re and re it under nice...
  20. J

If I don't want to pay the price for an Islander..... what would you buy?

Is that the 782 model from back in the 80's?
Back