Search results

1. jasonj

Buying a boat in US Post COVID

I just did it for a sailboat on a trailer located in Michigan. I spent considerable time FaceTiming with the seller to go over everything with the boat and building trust. I even had him open up every inspection port and send photos inside. I researched the history of the boat and contacted...
  2. jasonj

Launch and Park pass at Crescent Beach Marina?

Yes at first the lady at the desk told me this pass doesn't exist and never existed and the pass I bought before in previous years was a mistake. This was a pretty bold statement which of course was false. At least in your call they acknowledged it exists! I know this pandemic is having its...
  3. jasonj

Yes I know about that one thanks. However for my purpose, Crescent Beach marina is much better as I can launch at a much greater tide range and I can leave the truck and trailer there for days while we stay at our cabin on Saturna Island. I hope the marina will come to their senses on pricing.
  4. jasonj

Wow they raised the price from $370 last year to $600 two weeks ago and now to $1200! And no key card too! Did they give you a reason for the change? Did they take your old key card away?
  5. jasonj

Has anyone here bought the "launch and park" pass at Crescent Beach Marina in previous years? I have been buying this pass for the last 3 years which allows you to use the boat launch and park without having to pay each time. It was previously priced at around $370 for the year. I tried to...
  6. jasonj

How much of your money has Justin spent?

With the Conservatives getting more national votes than the Liberals overall but much less seats, are any Conservatives thinking electoral reform is a good idea now?
  7. jasonj

2019 Pender Bluffs

Thanks for the update. It's really ridiculous. It makes no sense to have a stationary sanctuary no-go zone for a species that travels all over the place. I'm totally OK with having a large no-go zone that follows the Orcas as they travel. But banning all boats (including kayaks, canoes...
  8. jasonj

your VHF - do you trust it?

Thanks for finding my typo and for providing the US channel. Yes it is 83A for Canadian Coast Guard.
  9. jasonj

your VHF - do you trust it?

The antenna should point straight up and as high as possible for best reception. People often like to angle the antenna to the stern for looks but it results in poorer reception. Unfortunately, good receiving reception is not a good indicator of sending reception. The only easy way to measure...
  10. jasonj

Suzuki DF175 on craigslist

Great to hear! Congrats and thanks for the update.
  11. jasonj

Looks like it's gone. Did somebody here pick it up?
  12. jasonj

Not mine but looks like a good deal for someone. 2010 model with 500 hours. https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/boa/d/surrey-suzuki-175-hp-stroke/6884680093.html
  13. jasonj

Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

Are you saying there will not be any more deaths or impacts resulting from the extraction and burning of fossil fuel?
  14. jasonj

So you are saying that by buying electric vehicles, children will die but if you buy conventional vehicles they won't? Maybe as a comparison you should post some articles about the history of loss of life from the oil extraction industry (spills, contaminated water, cancer, etc) and the...
  15. jasonj

Wow that's amazing. I want one too! Here's a promo video:
  16. jasonj

Electoral Reform Referendum

I don't know why they haven't made this more clear. Overall deadline is to be received by Elections BC by Nov 30th at 4:30 pm. If you are mailing it, Canada Post delivery standard is 3 business days for BC. You would need to mail it by Nov 27th to be safe. People can also drop it off at many...
  17. jasonj

18% of ballots received as of today! That's much better. Before today, it seems Elections BC was only reporting the ballots that have been screened by them so far. https://elections.bc.ca/news/media-advisory-interim-ballot-package-return-report-updated/ Still 10 business days to go.
  18. jasonj

That's a good question. I think it's because in the 2009 STV referendum all the details were provided with only one option and the No side complained about having only one choice and that STV was too confusing and that the details were decided by an unelected assembly etc etc. The No side won...
  19. jasonj

I get your point @IronNoggin about the politicians having control of some of the details. The NDP will not have a majority on this committee so Horgan still needs another party's support (likely the Greens but not necessarily). You probably think that isn't good enough though. Somebody has to...
  20. jasonj

Motor mounted electric kickers? Tried one?

Your electric setup looks awesome. What kind of speed were you able to get with these motors? Same as a kicker setup?
Back