Search results

1. BananasQ

Benefits of Garmin Clearvu vs "Traditional" sonar view

So, bit of a newbie here. Finally got a finder on my 12' boat and was out on the prowl jigging for springs. I have a Garmin 4CV vivid and was running it in Traditional and Clearvu mode, fish alarm on but otherwise out of the box settings with I the stock GT20 transducer. Clearvu didn't give me...
  2. BananasQ

Prawning in Red Tide

Did a quick search, and couldnt find anything on this, but I was planning on trying some late season prawning in Sechelt Inlet but we have just been hit by red tide. I assume that during this time fishing is okay, but prawning would be a no-no. TIA
  3. BananasQ

Prawn Trap Entrance Size

I got my hands on one of these Protoco shrimp traps and looking to use for prawning; my biggest concern is the entrance size, its under 2" square, which seems small to me. Was thinking of trimming back to make it 3" square instead - anyone used / modified these traps before, or any thoughts on...
  4. BananasQ

2019 Crab Regs - Two Escape Rings

Just reviewing the regs - noticed for crabbing: "Crab traps are required to have two unobstructed circular escape holes or rings, measuring a minimum of 105 mm in diameter." Guess that means the Jolly Good trap (one central access on top, no escape ring) http://www.jollygoodtrap.com/home2.html...
  5. BananasQ

WTB Porta Bote Boat - 12' or 14'

Want to do some fishing with the kids in the LML - kids have outgrown our canoe, hoping someone has a decent shape Porta bote they want off their hands. Cant get a tinny etc as we are in a townhouse.
Back