Search results

1. T

pilot house window

My windows and door slide on a plastic strip and silicone grease has worked much better than the spray.
  2. T

Port Renfrew Reports 2015

Just got back from fishing Swiftsure for five days. I think everything works out there, stupid fishing is right. All depths depending on what part of the tide it is. We caught most of our fish at 100-250'. We fished the closure line on the SE side most of the time. Fish up to high teens and a...
  3. T

What do you see heading offshore?

Guys are going to believe what they believe. I had a friend who believed he could see land when we were 40 miles out and in fog when tuna fishing off of Washington. He'd never been offshore but you couldn't convince him of what was right in front of his face.
  4. T

Anyone know anything about Renken Seamaster boats?

I had an '87 225 and it had all kinds of problems mostly related to corrosion and complicated electrical system. It was constant maintenance on shining up the contacts on coils, plugs, power pack leads and timer base leads. Any corroded contact could and did cause a cascade of electrical...
  5. T

Brothers label machine

You can buy it on Amazon for under $20.
  6. T

PENN Fathom 2 Speed 30DL2 reel opions...

The reviews on Amazon are quite good for these reels. I just bought a 25N two speed for albacore fishing so I haven't used it yet. I think it would work for halibut without a problem. The larger reel that you are looking at would hold even more line. A huge step up from a Penn 320.
  7. T

Kodiak Disks...winter project

Franko, My hard lines rusted out so I replaced them with stainless lines that came in a kit with the flexible lines that go to the calipers and mounting hardware for the lines. I bought the kit from Champion Trailers. The other two places that I would recommend is Shadow Trailer and Pacific...
  8. T

The Canadian invasion of Ilwaco, WA Sept. 14th, 2013

Most of the ports in Oregon don't have live bait but they catch a lot of tuna. Many use dead bait, swim baits and jigs this time of year. They buy and use IQF anchovies for chum and bait. $40 for a 20# box. I've been thinking about catching my own anchovies with a cast net. I think it would...
  9. T

Kodiak Disks...winter project

I just replaced my brakes. The old Kodiak rotors were corroded and scored and two of the calipers were damaged, one bent and one cracked at the thin part of the caliper. I bought stainless calipers with dac rotors that came with bearings and seals in a kit. Bought them from...
  10. T

warm water bubble??

reelfast, What does your friend do? Marine biologist? He is right about the chinook going deep. They did this ten to fifteen years ago. Water was warm close to shore (62 degrees) and colder outside but mixed with bands of warm. No one was catching salmon except the trollers. We were at...
  11. T

2014 Port Renfrew & Swiftsure Reports

I'm not sure. I would call the marina. They will know.
  12. T

2014 Port Renfrew & Swiftsure Reports

I'm not sure. I would call the marina. They will know.
  13. T

Gulf Islands 2014 Reports

Permitted Fishing Within Rockfish Conservation Areas Photo: quillback rockfish Quillback rockfish Recreational fishing invertebrates by hand picking or dive crab by trap shrimp/prawn by trap smelt by gillnet Commercial fishing invertebrates by hand picking or dive crab by trap prawn...
  14. T

Gulf Islands 2014 Reports

Permitted Fishing Within Rockfish Conservation Areas Photo: quillback rockfish Quillback rockfish Recreational fishing invertebrates by hand picking or dive crab by trap shrimp/prawn by trap smelt by gillnet Commercial fishing invertebrates by hand picking or dive crab by trap prawn by trap...
  15. T

intermittent outboard issue

My old boat had a 1987 225 looper. Two power packs and a vro. I became an expert with this model. Intermittent power happened to this engine at times. Running it at 2500 to the point where it is warm I would stop the boat and take off the hood and check the temperature of the cylinders. If one...
  16. T

I agree with the last post. I don't know about the 140 but the 1987 225 had two completely separate ignition systems and the way the shift interrupt system worked was to momentarily ground out the port side bank ignition. Problem was that if it stuck grounded out you might be able to start it...
  17. T

Carefully check the o-ring on the fuel line connection. It can act this way. It does sound like you might have an air leak. The other possibility is the cdi as it can work intermittently. One thing that went wrong on my '87 225 that had the same symptoms as yours was the shift interrupt switch...
  18. T

Changing The Oil In These Hubs....

Fast way is to fill the cap with gear oil and just quickly put it on. Usually comes out right at the half way mark. If not do it again. I use a mix of 80/90 wt gear oil and Lucas hub oil which is a little added insurance from leaks. Five seasons now no problems.
  19. T

This the "Year Of The Spoon"?

I have always liked fishing a large spoon offshore when the big ones are running. The last two summers I have been fishing 6.5 Silver Horde Canadian spoons in Irish Cream and a chrome/blue with a pink stripe and black dots. Sometimes they want something small however. Whatever works.
  20. T

help with my electric over hydraulic brakes

sfisher, The breakaway pin is a plastic spacer that energizes the pump on the actuator when the pin is removed. I doubt that is your problem. I would have someone pump the brakes on the truck and check the seven pin connector on the truck to see if the power to the actuator is working properly...
Back