Search results

1. S

Norway ....

I read some of the policies in that initiative GLG, seems exactly to be what I was talking about and same with most renewable energy initiatives. Sounds nice and appeals to people of your mindset (not too worried about being effective, just "feels good"). Couple points stuck out to me: How the...
  2. S

Norway ....

Yep, fair call. You gotta ask just how much tax payer money goes to such a small benefit and who is in bed with Gov to get those contracts. Also ask yourself why your so quick to talk down your own country.
  3. S

Norway ....

Canada has around 60% coming from Hydro electric and 10% coal. Why are you bashing Canada like they are some kind of big polluter?
  4. S

Norway ....

Lol. "All their power from wind and solar"?? Wind is approx 12% Solar is approx 6% About 40% coal and 15% nat gas When will you guys learn?
  5. S

What Happens When You Eat Too Much Fish...

lol I notice that a lot in Vancouver. "The world famous......." Not one is famous or unique.
  6. S

Port alberni sockeye

Hey, an artificial market is an artificial market. It provides profit for lots of local people and it really doesn't matter if the run is natural or not. The thing is, and I don't know either way, that the people/FN profiting from it make the enterprise a long lasting one by contributing to it...
  7. S

Port alberni sockeye

Well that's interesting, it's a pure hatchery run yea?
  8. S

Port alberni sockeye

Kinda disheartening when we make the effort to do the right thing, just to have some people up River who preach "keepers of the land and Sea" rape and pillage the resource for profit. I often get that thought crimping barbs. That's why PC governing needs to stop. We all have a stake in this...
  9. S

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Let's be honest here. Rarely guys post live reports on here, it's usually at the end of the day or next day. So really that's just good for nothing bragging to people you don't even know. Just post a location and whether you got on a fish, nothing more needs to be said. I know of private...
  10. S

Yes Prime Minister

Like only the Brits can.
  11. S

Yes Prime Minister

I had a good laugh. More truth to it than most think.
  12. S

Acidified ocean water widespread along North American West Coast

I thought I might be missing something so I re read all of your posts. I'm truly sorry if I missed it again, but I haven't seen you address my question. Please, let's keep this civil. I'm open to the fact I could be totally wrong on this, I just haven't seen the data that would prove that. So...
  13. S

I'd rather not start a new thread because then I would have to repeat a lot of posts in this one. That may be why you want a new one started. With AgentAqua's permission, we can slightly deviate from the original topic and hash out this related topic here. AGAIN, I just want to hear your side...
  14. S

Seems your not happy to debate this at all and when it is quite a civil discussion I wonder why you would ask Admin to censor parts of this thread. But please, if you will, explain the discrepancies between prediction models and observed data. It's quite an important part of this discussion.
  15. S

I thought this was a discussion board on conservation? My problem with this climate change business is that it does nothing for conservation and has turned into pure politics. I care deeply about our oceans and our environment and want to see REAL solutions to our problems. GLG, the debate...
  16. S

I often wonder why people will be swayed by people like Leonardo Decaprio, Bono and Beyoncé (add to the list Politicians which lie for a living) and seem to disregard actual climate scientists. It's quite bizarre really. Check this guy out. He's had enough. Lol
  17. S

GLG. I don't have this discussion to persuade anyone, for a long time now that has proven pointless. I don't do this to be a troll. I do this so at least people know there is science on the other side of this debate than the one that main stream pop culture only wants to put forward. Its quite...
  18. S

Transducer spray

You can do a nice looking job of a shield, with polished SS. If your transducer is working well I would rather do that than going down the road of changing position.
  19. S

I will also add. Climate change models have NOT been accurate in regards to observed data. Fact. If that is the case, why all the hoopla? I'll tell you why. Politics. You wanna see the only area that government has great innovation, it's how to spin a new tax revenue. Ie, carbon tax. Who in...
Back