Search results

1. Shepnoir

Victoria Salt ice

Not me, but about friggin time!!! http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/SEA-ICE_20357364
  2. Shepnoir

Burnsy clean up your box!

:rolleyes:
  3. Shepnoir

Which resort to choose - OBMG

I am lucky enough to have won a sizable gift certificate with Oak Bay Marine Group! I have never been to Haida Gwaii and this is the perfect chance to cross it off the bucket list. So...... Which one would you choose and when? Looking for springs and hali so one would assume June but let me...
  4. Shepnoir

JDF Derby '13

A very reliable source has let me know that this year is done and there will be no derby. What a shame.... I always had a good time even though it was a gong show. Thanks to George, volunteers and sponsors for the memories if this does not happen again! Next to positive that this was the largest...
  5. Shepnoir

Fuller lake

Thinking of going to Fuller Lake with my son this weekend. Can anyone let me know what the conditions are for launching a zodiac? Is there even a launch on this lake? My son is 3 so not much help and I can only drag the boat so far. Never been and wondering what the conditions are like. Any...
  6. Shepnoir

Hali Level wind

Now that the season is basically over, I have got the itch to upgrade my hali reels. I know I work backwards sometimes....I must love the torture of staring at them all winter or something.;) Interested to hear what guys are using these days? I am in the budget range of $300- $350 and open to...
  7. Shepnoir

Volvo issues......

Hi all, Having issues with my volvo i/o.... starts up happy, sounds 100%, putt out to open water fine, hammer down and jump out of the hole.... backfire, sputter, pop, bang, massive amounts of swearing at 5AM and no fishing. Taken it to "my guy" but $2,500.00 later same issue persists. Help...
  8. Shepnoir

Cooler mounting on the swim grid

Hi all, Wondering about the many ways to mount a cooler to the swim grid. I've seen everything from bungies to ratchet tie downs to fabricating a ss rail system around the cooler to what must be through-bolting and incorperating backing on the inside of the cooler for strength. I think I'm...
  9. Shepnoir

Basic mechanical trouble shooting

Well there I was first hali day of the season (for me) and I was stuck at the dock due to motor troubles. The real salt in the wound was seeing Dirty oar leave and come back with three halis before i even left the dock! *******!;) I know everyone has been there... all it was was a corroded...
  10. Shepnoir

Pickled salmon

Reading the canning thread has brought back some memories.... When I was a boy my step dads brother in law was a commie. He did everything with salmon but the best was a pickled salmon in the half pint mason jars. Unfortunately ol Hank has gone to the big sea in the sky and he took the...
  11. Shepnoir

Mrs. Stewarts Bluing

Been looking for a while now and just can't find Mrs.Stwearts blueing. Being a guy, I can't find the glasses on the end of my nose, but I would imagine that someone out there knows where to buy this stuff in Victoria?!:confused: Thanks in advance all.
  12. Shepnoir

Removing anti fouling paint

Hi all, I'm sure someone has done it..... What is the best way to remove anti-fouling paint.:confused: I'm sure elbow grease has something to do with it!
  13. Shepnoir

Marked Gas

Hi all, Upgrading to a larger boat has prompted me to start looking for marked gas in Victoria, but haven't found any. Anyone one know where a guy can save $?!:confused: Will post pics of the new vessel once its on this side of the line. She's a breeder!
  14. Shepnoir

BoatSmart exam audit

Took my small craft license exam sometime (year and a half) ago online with good friend as the "supervisor". About a week ago they shoot us an email saying they wanted to audit her and the exam procees?! Not really too worried they can come get me, but anyone else have this happen and anyone...
  15. Shepnoir

Vac sealers

I'm sure there has been threads on this in the past, but what are your guys perfered vacuum sealers? I've had a foodsaver for three seasons and over the last year the seals on 75% of the packs have failed. :mad: Such a waste! When googling I found that they have crappy reviews and their customer...
Back