Search results

1. Shepnoir

Favorite picture from 2022 salmon season

Great year! The kiddo really has it down now. Does it all - gets us out of the pack when on the wheel, nets fish, mans rods and even sets gear!
  2. Shepnoir

2020 Port Renfrew Reports

Any reports from the can to 500'? Heading out tomorrow for a final kick at coho and maybe some flat cod. How is the launch at low tide at Pacific Gateway? Thanks in advance.
  3. Shepnoir

Selling Lowrance LCX-18c

Shane, I will take it off your hands but I am sneaking out for a fish Friday. Any chance you are down tomorrow?
  4. Shepnoir

ST, Trying to send you info. Clear your inbox. TX!
  5. Shepnoir

Victoria Reports 2015

Out front deep 340' between 11:30-3. 25 & 50 lbs was the end result. Both on same piece of octo / belly combo. No dogs, one monster skate. That 50 was a mean SOB. Not a happy camper. Both hit between 2-3 when the flood started moving.
  6. Shepnoir

Victoria 2014 Reports

Out for a quick stay on the pick yesterday out front 360' in the mud no structure. Lost a barn door - snapped 80# leader. Humbling experience. It's been a while since that has happened. Single herring provided the only hit. Bit of ground swell and it pi$$ed out there which was good to see. Happy...
  7. Shepnoir

The 2014 Bamfield Tuna Shootout!

Crabby why ask question let alone start a thread on it if you are all knowing?! Your a beaut! Ah yes the type who really contribute on this forum and have turned it into what it has become. Nice work!
  8. Shepnoir

Salmon shark?

FWiW, Orca rake is the consensus.....
  9. Shepnoir

Salmon shark?

Sent off to DFO / CC buddies for a little CSI. Will report back "when" or really "if" known.
  10. Shepnoir

Pickled Salmon Recipe

Does it have to be fresh or can it be previously frozen? Should be ok with a slow thaw, no? Also SF, how much lemon do you throw in?
  11. Shepnoir

Campbell River Reports 2014

And make sure your packing 15's!
  12. Shepnoir

Campbell River Reports 2014

Bite was at the lighthouse yesterday morning for bright mid teeners. Nothing at the hump or can. Zip. Hootchies 150' quick trip with the wife. Always fun checking out new turf. back home now so can't tell you what's up moving forward.
  13. Shepnoir

Kids. John Deer Gator

Beaudog pm sent
  14. Shepnoir

Port Renfrew halibut coordinates

Check your box Jeff.
  15. Shepnoir

Catch and Release Techniques

When fishing Nootka for instance I will fish bait with trebles as this is a proven killer but once I have what I want or limited I will switch and have fun with plugs or large spoons (no flasher or dummy)with a single barbless no fuss no muss - easy release with gaff or pliers at boat side...
  16. Shepnoir

Fishing scenarios......

^^^ This. Maybe a Sooke thing, but Nootka is the same. BTW Mr. Floods, when is the old man taking me out?!:rolleyes::p
  17. Shepnoir

Luhr Jensen Duolock Snaps Made Offshore=POS

X10. Thought I was losing my grip. I can't agree more. PITA.
  18. Shepnoir

Salt ice

Sorry link is: http://www.salishstraitseafoods.ca hope link works. I'm sending this from the phone.
  19. Shepnoir

Salt ice

Charlie, filled up this weekend for $16. Call 24 hours in advance to confirm.
  20. Shepnoir

Fathers Day Weekend Fishing Derby

Was trying to be a ground breaker on this forum and was being, wait for it........ optimistic. I know, I'm nucking futs.
Back