Search results

1. Jaybones

Custom made aluminum top for a 20 foot Thunder Jet

I would love to hear your guy's opinions on adding a custom-made aluminum top to my 20-foot Thunderjet. The original canopy is getting old and will need to be replaced soon, might be able to get one more season out of it. I keep the boat in the marina for the summer and wrap it in a tarp in...
  2. Jaybones

Anyone ever seen this before?

One of my fish today had some weird colorations on its stomach (on it's plyoric caecae?) appeared to be deep purple/brown. I have never seen this in a salmon before, I showed the creel survey guy and he said he had never seen it either. After throwing it to the seals I realized I should have...
  3. Jaybones

Fisheries Minister calls on G7 to ‘name and shame’ countries behind illegal mass fishing

This absolutely breaks my heart, all of the efforts that are being made to restore and conserve salmon stocks and sustainably harvest this resource are undone by illegal fishing. The salmon don't stand a chance, no wonder they are disappearing once they enter the ocean. Truly heartbreaking, the...
  4. Jaybones

Steve your trap wasn't stolen...

Found this way outside of Pedder Bay in 150 feet of water. I know a lot of people lose their traps and automatically assume they were stolen, but there are other reasons they go missing. Steve, I have your float at least...can't make out your number...not sure you would want it back. lol
Back