Search results

1. D

Marine electrician in Victoria?

I’m not good at electrical systems but I’ve bought a new wiper motor and switch and it still doesn’t work. Also need help installing my bilge pump… any electricians in Victoria that can help out? I called Anchor Marine but they are booked for weeks.. Seasport 22.
  2. D

Vevor Diesel Heater Controller

Hey guys, looks like I have to buy a new vevor diesel heater! The controller it came with was unfortunately cracked (kids playing on the boat :) so I ordered a new controller but once connected, it just gave the error code e-07. Apparently this means it won’t communicate with the heater and I...
  3. D

Diesel heater error code

I just replaced my controller for a vevor diesel heater and get error code E-07. It’s supposed to mean no connection between the controller and unit but all connections / connectors seem right… bad new controller?
  4. D

Time to life a motor up a notch?

Just curious here.. how long does it take to move a Yamaha f300 up one bolt hole on a pod? My dealer said 3 hrs which seems a long time for a rigged shop but I’ve never done it before.. at cruise my cavitation plate is still 1-2” below the water.
  5. D

Trailer Bolt Replacement

While the boat is stuck at the dock, I’m replacing as many of the old rusted bolts holding together my aluminum trailer. The new bolts are zinc plated with galvanized washers… the question: how should I clean the old rust stains on the aluminum trailer with before I install the new bolts? Quick...
  6. D

Yamaha F300 Propellor Question

I just bought a used 17p x 15 1/2 propellor for my 2021 F300. My engine came with a 19p x 15 1/4 but my my rpm is only 5400 max. The new (used) prop has a “butterfly washer” as seen in the picture - can this be used on a new outboard?
  7. D

Volvo Penta Steering Ram

Brand new OEM Volvo Penta Steering Ram manufactured 2021. I believe it fits both 5.0 and 5.7 Volvo Penta. Just opened the package to take a picture. I recall I paid close to $1,500 for this part but never installed it. $1,000.00 OBO
  8. D

Changing cold engine Oil?

What’s the thought on this - I usually take the boat for a warm-up run before changing the main or kicker oils. My assumption is it warms up the oil so it flows better and also stirs it up and suspends any settled particles. I won’t be going out anytime soon - should I change my oil cold or wait...
  9. D

Zinc on my pod?

Brand new pod but there is no tab for the zinc. Usually I don’t leave the boat in the slip but I would like to be able to go on some longer trips without worrying about galvanic reaction. Any suggestions how to attach one with the least damage to the pod? I’m thing drilling through the back of...
  10. D

Trailer Bearings Suprise

I haven’t taken off the bearing buddy or checked the bearings since I bought the boat 2+ years ago (and the previous owner did not do any maintenance) so I suspect these bearings are 5+ years old and have thousands of kms on them! They never get hot on long trips and I did replace the bearings...
  11. D

Trailer parts at princess auto?

Does princess auto have decent quality trailer parts? All these posts on how much a new double axel trailer costs has me thinking it’s time to invest some $$ and elbow grease on my 2010 venture trailer. Springs seem shot as well as a few nuts and bolts need replacing. One new set of calliper /...
  12. D

WTB Yamaha F300 Propeller

Anyone have a stainless prop for new Yamaha F300 they want to sell? Mine came with a 15-1/4 diameter by 19 pitch and I can’t get more than 5400rpm wot. I’m hoping a 15-1/4 17p will do the trick but open to any suggestions. Current prop pictured
  13. D

Dash Setup?

I need some suggestions guys.. I just installed a gps in my dash but can’t read it because the dash is on such an angle. I need to tilt my whole dash panel 30? Degrees so it’s perpendicular to my line of sight. I was going to build something out of black starboard or wood but thought it would...
  14. D

Winter Harbour Experiences?

Well we just bought one of the old houses along the boardwalk in winter harbour with the intent to fix it up as our summer get away. We are a few houses down from the government dock so we should have moorage space within walking distance.. anyone have any experiences fishing winter harbour?
  15. D

Free Volvo Penta Repair Manual

Anyone want it? Going to the dump next week.. also throttle, shifter cables etc.. located in Victoria
  16. D

Kicker Bracket

Built by Jenkins Marine in 2021, I used this kicker bracket on my SeaSport for about 6 months before deciding to pod. Very well built, aluminum powder coated. $200obo. Located in Victoria
  17. D

WTB Lowrance Ti2

Anyone have a Lowrance Ti2 head unit they want to sell? I have a 9”Ti2 that I bought new last year and need to add a second head unit (so I will have one in dash and one on the back deck for fishing). I spoke to Harbour Chandler yesterday and apparently only the Ti model will wireless connect to...
  18. D

Best 9’ rod for Islander tr3

Well I took the summer off from work and helped my parents build a little cottage on their property in Sooke. I had a lot of fun but yesterday, out of the blue, they went to island outfitters and asked for the most expensive salmon reel they had as a gift to say thanks.. I got a tr3!!! I could...
  19. D

Volvo Penta DP Outdrive

Year 2000 dual prop leg with 500 original hours. Just removed from my SeaSport, this leg has no known issues. Leg oil changed twice every year, new universal joint and the outdrive was removed and gone through by Seapower marine last summer. Complete with all steering components and stainless...
  20. D

Free Boat trailer Acuator

It’s been kicking around my shop since I replaced it on my Venture Trailer. I believe it worked fine when I took it off - I replaced it because a received a new one for free. 2” ball. Located in ESQUIMALT.
Back