Search results

1. FishSlayer1976

2017 Sooke Reports

Well we arrived Wednesday afternoon and did a evening fish and just a few small springs 6lbs biggest off otter. Thursday hit otter/Muir first light a landed and lost about a dozen fish through out the morning all small biggest 7lbs running anchovie one side and skinny G and hootchie back and...
  2. FishSlayer1976

2017 Sooke Reports

Still a lot of mixed reports but don't worry everyone, we will be out in 6 days for our annual trip and there will be tons of fish coming in off the biggest floods of the month next week :) At least I keep telling myself that lol :) Either way, any day on the water doing what we all love if...
  3. FishSlayer1976

2017 Sooke Reports

Less then 2 weeks away from our 3rd annual Sooke trip and we are getting excited!! I read all the reports everyday and theirs always a lot of mixed reports hits and misses and appreciate them all. I actually mostly go on to look at the pictures of peoples catches lol and wish there was more...
  4. FishSlayer1976

2017 Sooke Reports

I personally always have a anchovie on one DR and rotate between a hoochie and spoon on the other. Gibbs skinny G spoons have worked best for me. Then depending on which lure/bait is hitting then sometimes I will change both DRs to the same. Hope that helps.
  5. FishSlayer1976

2017 Winter Harbour Reports

Which means they have to pass right by Sooke :) The main chinook run passes Renfrew and Sooke to the Fraser and Columbia systems. Very few chinook go up the Sooke river, but the Sooke river gets thousands of Chum running up river..
  6. FishSlayer1976

Oh yeah that is just my wishful thinking that all the fish are going straight to Sooke :) But to be serious a good majority of that west side of Island run will be Fraser and Columbia river basin runs..
  7. FishSlayer1976

And yes now comparing your pictures to the ones I posted completely different run of springs..
  8. FishSlayer1976

Yeah I figured that but still decent fishing.. I am leaving to Sooke on the 16th of August for 5 days and I'm really hoping to get into some big springs like we did in 2015. Last year in WH and Sooke was not good as you know it wasn't the greatest island wide but I timed this year right at the...
  9. FishSlayer1976

Great report spring fever and thanks for sharing!! Happy you got into some nice fish at least.. I think when we were there the week before it was prime time. Was talking to a few of my local buddies and they were doing runs south to Brooks and Solander and picking up nice springs and I also...
  10. FishSlayer1976

Just got back from 5 days in WH and trip was amazing!! 2 boats 8 guys limited on everything. Fish were hitting everything, anchovies, hoochies and spoons. All fish were caught 25-35'. Grants Bay first light and Kains Island were the ticket!! Biggest was 29lbs and lots in the mid 20s. Next stop...
  11. FishSlayer1976

I have a honey hole over there for ground fish but last year we hit a large school of coho and limited out 4 guys in a hour.. All 8-15lbs
  12. FishSlayer1976

I totally agree with the boat taken more water then you.. Last year we did a rip down to Solander and the trip back was not for the faint of heart LOL.. Big water out there :)
  13. FishSlayer1976

Awesome Report and thanks!! We will be out in 19 days, hopefully the chinook fishing will be much better then last year same time.. PS What kind of boat are you running Ronj?
  14. FishSlayer1976

2017 Sooke Reports

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/index-eng.html
  15. FishSlayer1976

2017 Sooke Reports

That's fantastic!! This happened to my friend up in Haida Gwaii, but in 40' of water a 50lb hali popped the pin and the fight of a lifetime was on!! Congrats!!
  16. FishSlayer1976

Lucky you!! approx. 145 sleeps for us but who's counting :)
  17. FishSlayer1976

2017 Sooke Reports

3rd Annual trip is booked for August!! Hopefully the fishing is a bit better then last season, love Sooke!! But first doing our annual July trip in Winter Harbour. Last year was some tough fishing, let's hope some numbers move in this year!! Good luck out there everyone and stay safe!!!
  18. FishSlayer1976

2016 Sooke Reports

100% Pacific Bonito..
  19. FishSlayer1976

Kootaney Lake

Hi blazer, I have been fishing the Kootaney region of BC for a very long time, which includes Arrow, Trout, Kootaney Lake, Lake Revelstoke and Kinbasket. I fish all of those lakes many times per year. Now saying this Kootaney itself agreed has taken a heavy toll but not so much from over...
  20. FishSlayer1976

Kootaney Lake

Hello Everyone, just wondering if anyone has been out on the lake fishing recently. We are heading there for 5 days and doing the annual Woodbury rainbow derby Oct.8-10th again. Always a fun time just last couple years fishing has not been so good lol. Just want to here anyone's thoughts. Thanks!!
Back