Search results

1. P

Advice on a king fisher 1825

I have an 18 ft. Harbercraft (same hull) with a 100hp yamaha. Had it since 2002. It goes to the coast only for 2-3 weeks every year, the rest of the time on prairie lakes. Oveall, I've been VERY happy with the boat and it has seen some rough stuff. The only word of advice I have.... put trim...
  2. P

Tuna charter

Thanks a lot FA.
  3. P

Tuna charter

FA...is there anything special about your canning recipe. Just a little olive oil and salt? Do you put any of the belly fat in it? Thanks.
  4. P

Tuna charter

Fished Tuesday. Like I said, not much experience on big water, it may very well have been more than 6 feet..
  5. P

Tuna charter

I don't have a lot of experience on big water so I'm not the best person to judge but the Defiance was pretty impressive. It was very rough going out, we were going into swells about 6' with some chop on top. The ride was rough, a lot of water came over the top but I felt safe and the skipper...
  6. P

Tuna charter

Just back from Westport. Thanks to all that recommended the Allriver folks, a first class operation. 6 guys on the boat caught 39 tuna. We left at about 0700 and were back at 1600, 37 nautical miles out, trolled for about 20 mins. and when we made contact started fishing with live anchovies. We...
  7. P

Tuna charter

Thanks for all the input guys. I booked this afternoon with the AllRivers folks. Many places pretty well booked up to the end of the season so I figured I had to jump on it. This trip is on my "bucket list" so I had to get it done.
  8. P

Tuna charter

I'd like to book a tuna trip off WCVI this fall...any suggestions? Would I be better off going to Washington or Oregon? Thanks for any input.
  9. P

Vancouver Island Custom Rod Builder

Haven't enough experience to comment on the wrapped grip but the nice thing is that it can be replaced without dismantling the rod.
  10. P

Vancouver Island Custom Rod Builder

I bought a mooching rod from Justin, so pleased the 2nd is on order for my son. He does VERY nice work.
  11. P

10'6 Custom Mooching Rod

Got my rod today. Couldn't be more pleased with the quality of the build.
  12. P

Why Red Hooks?

Far from expert but, I use red hooks because I believe the color red disappears at a depth of about 15 feet in seawater and the hook is not seen by the fish.
  13. P

Aluminum boat advise

I've had an 18 foot Harbercraft (now Kingfisher) for over 10 years. I spend about a month per year at Campbell River and the rest of the time it's used in fresh water. It has a full transom and splash well. No issues with this boat, it will handle a lot of rough stuff. The only advice I can...
  14. P

outboard motor steering

I bought an HK6400 sytem with hoses on Ebay. I could have used me old wheel but opted to buy a nice stainless wheel too (also Ebay, another dealer). PS I now have a cable steering set-up for trade. Works fine, wheel included, cable about 18 ft. was on my F100 Yamaha. Will trade for balls, lures...
  15. P

outboard motor steering

I just yesterday finished installing a seastar system on my boat..took about 10 hrs. total (incl. taking out the old cable steering stuff). I must say I am very impressed with what was in the box...everything needed and good instructions. I had a question about the installation and got an Email...
  16. P

What is your favourite type of rod holder?

I've used Folbe for 3 years now...awesome!!! Even the novices on my boat have no issue.
  17. P

Thoughts on this welded aluminum....

I've had an 1825 Harbercraft for 10 years used a lot in both fresh and salt. Although the holes draining the bow are only 1" they work and taking a wave over the bow is not a problem. The ride is rough but you can fix with trim tabs to get the bow down a little. These make a world of difference...
  18. P

Immersion Suits

You can reduce the bulk by storing them in a dry bag and squeezing out all the air before you seal the bag. They end up less than half the volume.
  19. P

Duckworth

My 2 bits (I have had a HarberCraft for 10 years): 1. trim tabs are a must...you need to be able to get the bow down to cut the waves. 2. all (I think) of these mass manufactured boats are .25 sides (they are easy to dent and will even distort when you hit waves real hard). the dents are...
  20. P

Cool Hali Vid-Some Great Underwater Shots

Fishing is a universal language. I understood every word!!! Great video.
Back