Search results

1. F

2024 Derbies?

Okay I am blind or something I just have an incredibly hard time finding out information about these events. Like one I read about; The Mill Bay derby? Saanich Inlet Salmon Challenge? I can find the odd information here and there but very hit and miss. And then if found it is hard to find...
  2. F

How to get my boat on the bunk trailer?

I know a dummy type question. But here it is, I have a 25' Sea Ray Express Cruiser and every time I try to pull it out I have a hell of a time getting it up to the front of the trailer. Sometimes the nose of the boat hits the winch, is so close to the winch I can't wind it in without removing...
  3. F

Where can you find salmon test counts or escapements? DFO=dazed and confused!

Okay I must be a moron, I have looked every where, the Albion test fishery shows almost no fish at all. Are there simply tables rather than the map coordinates. I saw one on the forum that showed fish counts up the Fraser but I can't find anything like that in the DFO website. How does anyone...
  4. F

Kicker MAC Prop Saver

Got it as a gift years ago Doesn't fit my older 9.9 yamaha kicker Brand new, never mounted Mac 150 obo or WHY to trade
  5. F

Damn! So There Is Still A Chance? Retired. 25' SeaRay Express Cruisier Cuddy Cabin

I am a retiree, 2 years of getting the boat ready, purchase (cheap) new leg, get EVERYTHING working as new, new downrigger, trap puller, traps, reworked all the Penn reels and new line, one new really heavy duty rod and line for halibut, nets, the works, old time 9.9 yamaha 4 stroke kicker that...
  6. F

Wanted, remote steering for my kicker

Don't know much about these except there is a few, so looking for a used one to start off. Inboard with 9.9 yamaha hi thrust 4 stoke kicker. No tiller on kicker, Maybe remote tilt as well. Not much money on a really crappy pension. Thanks
  7. F

Scotty stuf for sale, downrigger, black box, pedestals, EZ steering

SCOTTY - ELECTRIC 1101 - 30 INCH WITH 1026 PEDESTAL MOUNT - $425 Scotty Black Box - $150 as new 2 - SCOTTY 2612 12 in DOWNRIGGER RISER, never used - $80 each EZ steer brackets for outboard to outboard, never used with a used stainless steel rod - $100 SCOTTY 1029 12 in GIMBAL MOUNT never used -...
  8. F

Why Not Use a Bilge Type Pump For Cooling?

Just wondering why it would not work? Cars went to electric fans instead of mechanical for the most part. It is water flow that is the important thing. Some of these pumps are doing many hundreds of GALLONS per minute/hour. It should not be hard to bypass or insert to the cooling system, in...
  9. F

Wanted Used Tandem Trailer Good For 25'

Well it seems all the world wants one. Have cash.
  10. F

22' Sun Runner $6500 obo

Older but mint 22' Sun Runner garage kept Needs Nothing Completely equipped for fishing. Today. Manual Scotty downrigger Fishing Rod with flasher and lure Eagle Fish Finder Full canvas top in great condition Alaska bulk head for bad weather Heated cabin Spare props, I put the new ones on...
  11. F

9.9 Yamaha high thrust 4 stroke

I have a gem. A 1994 era 9.9 Yamaha that has been stored for over 20 years, I bought it from an older guy wAAAYyy back in 2001 and he told me only used it for about 20 hours, I have used it even less. I also have remote controls, throttle, ignition. It has a steering attachment on it. This year...
  12. F

Let's Start to Make An Attempt to Save Salmon and Orcas.

There is so much contradictory speculation and science for the decline of salmon stocks. Everything from climate change to nature. Let's just do away with all the distractions and make an attempt at saving the salmon now. If it is fish farms then it is easily tested and immediate results, well...
  13. F

Just reading about the missing Salmon, Jelly fish and seals.

This is a quote from a "warning" that came out in 2013 Jellyfish futures ring global ocean industry alarm bells Jellification of the Black Sea destroyed the anchovy and sturgeon fisheries. They have plugged nuclear plant water intakes in Japan and India By Trevor Lautens | Oct. 21, 2013, 11...
  14. F

Saltwater derby Information

Looking for salt water derby information, web sites, dates, places, costs, but mostly websites ie; Silva bay. Thanks
Back