Search results

1. F

Aquaculture; improving????

I read the contamination report. Have there been any others? I also saw that the tests were skin on. Now Atlantic salmon are sold skinless. I wonder if that was an attempt to lower levels of contamination. But it does point to a potential increase of cancer risk. Certainly for people that...
  2. F

It guess you could argue that they, the Icelandic, have been the stewards of the salmon there, even if only for just over 1000 years. Has anyone ever tested salmon from the store for toxins? Or other impurities that would not be found in wild salmon?
  3. F

You never even mention the 51 million per year that these five nations are getting, where is that evident? Would that not be like a million or more per family after 20 years? There is no money trail at all. Is there any evidence of these kinds of fish farms 100 years ago? There were a couple of...
  4. F

2024 Galiano Salmon Classic - Saturday May 25th

You probably are filled already with past entrants but is there any accommodations over there? What time is the start and finish? I assume the weigh in is at the harbour or is this a catch and release as well? Moorage available? As you posted Likely already filled but thought I would ask so...
  5. F

2024 Derbies?

copied and paste from LastCall official notice. Registration is now open for the 2024 galiano salmon classic! See poster attached for basic info and a full rules sheet will follow shortly. As in recent past years, derby entrants will be limited based on the dinner venue capacity so please...
  6. F

Chinook Management Measures - Areas 11 to 20, 111, and Subareas 29-1 to 29-5 - Effective April 1, 2024

I notice there is no maximum size listed just a lot of "fill in the blank" type form letters. Some actually look like they are translations, the grammar seems a little off, backwards. But that could just be me.
  7. F

The FFs had 20+ years to improve instead they covered up results that they and government had. Scientific results from the government scientists not these made up reports they pay for. These cover ups are started by the group that manages public information and the FFs sit on that group. If they...
  8. F

Concerns about herring kills at B.C. fish farms

Only problem is all the other FF's that rely on wild salmon. All those along the rivers and streams in BC. They want the farms stopped. Are you kidding? It was so bad he revisited the issue. I believe he called for immediate shut down until the scientific proof was in and not from FF or their...
  9. F

I like this one; Except for all the Atlantic's that escaped. I have caught Atlantic salmon years ago around Bamfield did't know what they were, thought it might have been a cross of some sort.
  10. F

These kinds of reports are infuriating. Over the decades science has tracked a virus to it origin, what this virus does to different fish is irrelevant if it kills them, how is a mute point. Genetics, DNA a source of science without repute. 99% accurate and getting better all the time. So this...
  11. F

I Believe In Pod

Not exactly the best engine. 4.3 litre, 5.0 litre and 5.7 litre are all almost bulletproof with only the usual car engine issues. Way off topic here, I am just looking for an steering actuator, not really a power issue at all. Probably seals got brittle over sitting so long, \i hope
  12. F

I Believe In Pod

Yes or PM a number if thats okay
  13. F

I Believe In Pod

Actually depending upon the engine they are extremely easy and cheap to fix and even add horsepower to. I raced cars and the rule of thumb was to "freshened" engines every 100 hours or so, basically rebuilt. Learned a good lesson racing, spend your money once, do the job right with the right...
  14. F

I Believe In Pod

Just looking for the steering actuator. Pretty sure these are tossed when the boat is podded.
  15. F

I Believe In Pod

Those of you who do the POD thing what do you do with all the inboard parts? Transom plate, steering stuff? I need a older mercruiser steering actuator, the one with the moveable connect to steer cable. At least I think I do, steering got real funky suddenly, hard then easy then hard. Lots of...
  16. F

Lithium Batteries? School Me , marine/boat applications!

I have been thinking about this too. I used to just use a Canadian Tire Nautical battery for everything, cars and boats. They lasted for years but the last couple I bought only last a year or so, less lead maybe.
  17. F

2024 Derbies?

All ideas are welcome. Wolf's post is perfect. Pretty much all the info in a quick copy and paste. It could be listed and then additional info under it's own thread maybe, the stated rules and prize info. The other thing would be current updates, maybe prize packages, rules and derby results...
  18. F

Galiano Salmon Classic - Sat. May 27, 2023

Information about this? Or is it by invitation only? 2 weeks. no rules, boundaries, prize info, entry fees, just the last few years info.
Back