Search results

1. R

Aluminum boat repair / corrosion

I have an aluminum boat that I need some work done on and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations? My gas tank had some welded on brackets to secure it to the boat and both the welds at the front part of the tank have broken. It seems like it was a bad welding job or just a bad design...
  2. R

Oil leak near tilt trim - Yamaha 150

Hi, I have a Yamaha 150 outboard and it seems like there is some oil leaking from the tilt trim area. From what I can see it may be coming from the tilt trim motor but I am not certain on that. Does anyone have any suggestions on what this might be? The purple line in the picture is where I...
  3. R

Trailer brakes

Just wondering if anyone has an idea what could be the issue with my trailer brakes. I have a tandem axle trailer with surge drum brakes. I have been having issues with one brake for a while now. On my way up Vancouver Island last year it was heating up. I took it into a place on the way there...
  4. R

Marine Carpet?

I have a piece of plywood that was wrapped in carpet and the carpet is starting to fray and and pull off the plywood. It would be under 6 feet wide and and maybe 1 1/2 feet high. Does anyone know a place that I might find marine carpet in a small section in the lower mainland? Thanks!
  5. R

Racor filter for main and kicker?

I am looking to get a new filter on my boat and have heard nothing but good things about the Racor filters with the clear bowl. Right now I have a single filter in my boat and have both the main and kicker running off of it with a valve to switch between the kicker and main. Can I do that same...
Back