Search results

1. R

Oil leak near tilt trim - Yamaha 150

Thanks again for the advice on this. Cut the head off the bolt and used a punch to hammer it back through the opposite way. Lots of corrosion built up on the start of the threads. Had to order the replacement bolts from the US so hopefully they show up soon so I can get it fixed and get back out...
  2. R

Fraser river sockeye

I guess they do have an opening in the lower fraser today?
  3. R

Fraser river sockeye

I'll try to take some pictures of the boats out there if they are still out tonight. I was just at Garry Point and there was at least 2 boats with their nets out. Another boat heading in and one going out.
  4. R

A new bolt is no problem to get. The bolt does spin but it won't back out any further. The head of the bolt is getting all mangled now as well so cutting the head off and trying a punch to get it out may work. Been using a lot of penetrating oil on it.
  5. R

Thanks again for the advice on this. Luckily I was able to get the long bolt out. Used a propane torch to heat that area with the bolt and an impact wrench and it finally gave way. Very lucky that we did get it out of the threaded section as it is now stuck as per the picture. I think it just be...
  6. R

Aluminum boat repair / corrosion

Thanks for all of the recommendations everyone. I will talk with a few of them. The fuel tank tabs were definitely a bad design.
  7. R

Thanks. That would make it easier if I mentioned the location. I am in Steveston.
  8. R

I have an aluminum boat that I need some work done on and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations? My gas tank had some welded on brackets to secure it to the boat and both the welds at the front part of the tank have broken. It seems like it was a bad welding job or just a bad design...
  9. R

Thank you for that! It seems like this will be the issue. Hopefully that 3.5" bolt won't be too much of an issue.
  10. R

Hi, I have a Yamaha 150 outboard and it seems like there is some oil leaking from the tilt trim area. From what I can see it may be coming from the tilt trim motor but I am not certain on that. Does anyone have any suggestions on what this might be? The purple line in the picture is where I...
  11. R

2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Absolutely beautiful day on Saturday. Dropped the prawn traps at Bowen Island and headed over near Gibsons. Caught a couple of undersize springs. Picked up the prawn traps on the way back, not much of a catch but there was eight in one trap. I haven't done a lot of sets for prawns before so...
  12. R

Trailer brakes

Thanks for all of the info on here. I'm going to try to have more of a look at them this weekend. I will plan to replace them with disc brakes.
  13. R

Trailer brakes

Just wondering if anyone has an idea what could be the issue with my trailer brakes. I have a tandem axle trailer with surge drum brakes. I have been having issues with one brake for a while now. On my way up Vancouver Island last year it was heating up. I took it into a place on the way there...
  14. R

Marine Carpet?

I have a piece of plywood that was wrapped in carpet and the carpet is starting to fray and and pull off the plywood. It would be under 6 feet wide and and maybe 1 1/2 feet high. Does anyone know a place that I might find marine carpet in a small section in the lower mainland? Thanks!
  15. R

Raffle To Raise Funds For Sooke Net Pen

I would be in for 3 tickets as well. Thank you to the sponsors and everyone involved in setting this up.
  16. R

Racor filter for main and kicker?

Thanks for all the info everyone. Seems like I can just go with this filter and swap it into the same base that I already have. http://www.harbourchandler.ca/CatalogueRetrieve.aspx?ProductID=8633998&A=SearchResult&SearchID=5771009&ObjectID=8633998&ObjectType=27 Unfortunately I only have a...
  17. R

Racor filter for main and kicker?

I am looking to get a new filter on my boat and have heard nothing but good things about the Racor filters with the clear bowl. Right now I have a single filter in my boat and have both the main and kicker running off of it with a valve to switch between the kicker and main. Can I do that same...
  18. R

2017 Port Hardy Reports

I'll be heading up on July 27th and staying for a couple of weeks. Haven't been up there in August in a number of years as I always usually go up around the middle of July. Can't wait to get up there.
  19. R

waterproofing

Steveston Marine carries it. I've used 303 fabric guard the last 2 years on my canvas top and it works really well. Water beads really well after applying it but just make sure you get the canvas nice and clean before applying.
  20. R

Guide Available 2017

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?threads/guide-position-available-summer-2017.65254/
Back