Search results

1. M

Help with strain and sex identification

Thanks Ziggy! however I cant tell with these pics and descriptions. And according to stocking reports Mabel is not stocked.... The one I caught does seem to resemble a Gerrard, but I'm just not experienced with strain IDs....
  2. M

I said "strain" not "species" !!!! You should learn the difference yourself! I know that it was a rainbow for 100% certain, and I read the regs so I knew 100% it was a legal fish, so tone down your accusations! Can anyone help me with strain?
  3. M

can anyone help with strain and sex identification? I know its a rainbow, but I don't know how to tell strain. Its been dead for 6-7 hrs (might be obvious) I'm 98% sure its male; I'm not very experienced with sex and strain IDs Mabel Lake May 2017c by Mibson posted Oct 27, 2017 at 4:16 PM[/GALLERY
  4. Mabel Lake May 2017c

Mabel Lake May 2017c

my record rainbow
  5. M

Okanagan Lake March 26/17

3.0 lbs max, yea 25 mins battle? definitely a "troll" joke post
  6. M

Heading to Upper Arrow for the first time, any tips?

Heading out the upper arrow lake this long weekend, any tips for this lake? I have never been there. I plan to troll a sinking fly line with a minnow/leech perhaps and I also have a downrigger to get deeper. I always carry a fly rod with floating line if I need to drift and start casting. I have...
  7. M

Mabel lake may 20th to 27th, any tips for Rainbow or Lakers?

UPDATE: amazing fishing! Clint the spot you described produced! I landed an 7lbs male rainbow and a 4lbs rainbow. I kept the 7lbs for my cousin taxidermist to mount. Its the biggest bow I've ever got. I know 7lbs is not HUGE but it was huge to me. The drag on my fly reel broke during the fight...
  8. M

Thanks Clint R! Around this time of year what would you target?
  9. M

Hey folks! :) I'm excited to head to Mabel May 20th. I have never been there. I have a modest zodiac set up with a downrigger with sonar. I am staying in a beach cabin at the resort. I was planning on trying for a Laker with the downrigger and trolling with my fly rod with fast full sink line...
  10. M

fishing around Valemount next week - WHERE?

I'm meeting some friends next week for fishing. I'd like to find a spot within about 1.5 hrs of Valemount. I have a zodiac and 9.9 hp. I hope to find a smaller to mid size lake that is relatively quiet (not a rec hot spot). I have a high clearance vehicle, any spots you can recommend...
Back