Search results

1. K

EV Guru's help me with the numbers

Backstory: Wife's car needs to be replaced in the next couple of years, she drives 1000km a month, she's always driven sub compact/compact cars. So I just started looking at new vehicles (but in no rush) and thought I'd look into the numbers difference. This is where I got lost and I need some...
  2. K

Wanted 15lb finned cannonball in the Victoria area

As the title says, I'm looking for 2 new 15lb finned cannonballs in the Victoria, Westshore, Sooke area. Let me know who's got them plz. Cheers
  3. K

Sooke public launch now ticketing long truck/trailers

Just an FYI that Robbins parking is ticketing you if your truck and trailer hangs out past the yellow line at the Sooke public launch. I found out the hard way by not noticing the new signs on Saturday morning. It sucks because when I arrived the top longest spots were taken up by cars from...
  4. K

Someone had a bad day at Spirit Bay boat launch!

Don't know any details but hopefully no one was hurt.
  5. K

Who's fishing the Victoria/Sooke Aug. 1st opening gong show?

I'll be out for opening day around Beechey Head. Wave if you see me
  6. K

Ucluelet family fishing adventure starts July 18th!

Our family fishing vacation is nearly here. On Monday we'll be leaving at the crack of dawn from Victoria to head to Ucluelet for 4 days of fishing. Looking forward to the trip, hopefully I survive the estrogen overload (wife, sister and 2 daughters). If you see us in our Silver Streak, make...
  7. K

Tohatsu dealer on the Island?

Looking to buy a new 8hp Kicker, is there a Tohatsu dealer on the Island? If not who has the best deals on Mercury kickers? Thanks
  8. K

New to smoking, looking for suggestions.

So i took the ez route and bought a Masterbuilt electric smoker. I cooked pork ribs in it on the weekend as a trial run. I followed the 3 2 1 method that's all over Youtube. I learned some things, some good, some bad. Here's my initial thoughts. I used hickory chips but i found the smoke too...
  9. K

WTB Avet SXJ G2 Reel

Looking to buy one of Avets new G2 reels. Checked Trotac and they didn't have any. Where are you guys buying your Avets?
  10. K

6 month update on owning a new Silver Streak

I can't access my old thread so I'm starting a new one as I have updates. Ordered a new 18ft. Silver Streak Race Rocks through SG Power at the end of August, after starting my search for an aluminum boat in March. We decided to upgrade from our 16ft Double Eagle as our family has grown. We...
  11. K

New boat ordered, and now the wait!

After 15+ years of owning used boats, we decided to order a new 18ft Silver Streak Race Rocks hardtop through SG Power. We have spent the last 4 months looking at welded aluminums from all the cookie cutter manufacturers. None of them really impressed me for the price, in the 18ft range we were...
  12. K

Which 4 stroke 115 outboard

Looking at new aluminum boats and would like to here real world pro's/con's feedback on the 4 major brand 115 outboards. Lets hear your experiences. Thanks
  13. K

Any Ultrasport boat reviews?

Started looking at 18ft cookie cutter aluminum boats and wanted to know if anyone had personal experience with Ultrasport boats. The Ultrasport 18 DC https://www.boatdealers.ca/boats-for-sale/440808/ultrasport-18-dc--soft-top-port-moody-british-columbia Seems to have better features than...
  14. K

Price check on 2006 16ft Double Eagle?

Hello, started looking at upgrading from our current 16ft Double Eagle to an 18ft Aluminum and I have no idea what the current boat market is like. Looking for thoughts on how much I should ask for our 2006 Double Eagle. 2nd owner, bought new at SG Power 700hrs (ish) on 2005 50hp Yamaha (was a...
  15. K

Any Northwest boats compass reviews

As the title states, anyone have real world experience with Northwest boats Compass model. They're made down in Washington. Thanks
  16. K

Who has the best deal on new 60-70hp outboard?

As the title states, looking for a new 60-70hp Outboard. I have a 2006 16ft Double Eagle with a 50hp Yamaha on it that I'm looking at upgrading. With 2 grown men it will do about 20mph, so with fishing Renfrew, Bamfield, Hardy, etc it can make for a longer run. I'm also wanting to take the...
  17. K

And so begins my 1st Bamfield adventure!

I thought I'd share my 1st fishing trip to Bamfield. Leaving Victoria this morning, pulling up my 16ft. Double Eagle. Staying at the Bamfield Motel till Wednesday. I'll update this thread with pics as I go. Cheers!
  18. K

Can someone explain the government's reluctance to....

Increase the hatchery programs on the West Coast? I understand that in a perfect world we'd have healthy creeks/rivers pumping out wild salmon, but it' not the case now a days. Is it the shrinking of the genetic pool their worried about? It seems like a no brainer to pump out more hatchery fish...
  19. K

4 old mooching reels for sale (Shimano, Diawa)

4 old mooching reels for sale. 2 need knobs replaced. Shimano 2000gt, Shimano 4000gt and 2 Diawa M-ones. $50 firm for all 4 in Victoria
  20. K

Wanted: Scotty striker rod holder in Victoria

As the title says, looking for 1 Scotty Striker rod holder in Victoria. Thanks
Back