Search results

1. K

Your Hotrod or Classic Car Pics

Video short of the 1st start-up of the year.
  2. K

EV Guru's help me with the numbers

Looks like this UBC study helped confirm my initial thoughts that it doesn't make sense in our case to buy an EV. https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/can-driving-electric-vehicle-save-money-ubc-researchers-crunched-numbers
  3. K

2024 Sooke Reports

First fishing trip of the year in my boat today, and it was a good one. Managed to land 3 ping pong paddles, lost a big Hali that took several long runs and had 9 keeper crabs in the pots. The Halibut like herring, mackerel and octopus today behind glow white skirts.
  4. K

2023 Sooke Reports

Fished yesterday from 1:30 - 5:30 out deep off of Beechy Head, absolutely beautiful afternoon but super slow fishing for us. Kept 2 Coho around 5lbs, kept the biggest Mackerel I've ever seen at 54cm, missed a couple of pin poppers and close to 10 shakers. Boat goes away now till Halibut opens...
  5. K

Your Hotrod or Classic Car Pics

I thought there was already a thread on here about this, but I'll go again. 1968 Acadian All original interior, bodywork and paint done 15 years ago. Engine bay and undercarriage stripped to bar metal and painted. 355ci SBC, Dart heads, Comp 272 can, Edelbrock Air Gap intake, 5-speed Tremec...
  6. K

Canada Banning WD40, Brake Clean, etc.

Funny how politicians can fly all over the world weekly but then tell their constituents they need to stop polluting to save the planet. Another case of do what I say, not as I do....
  7. K

EV Guru's help me with the numbers

Backstory: Wife's car needs to be replaced in the next couple of years, she drives 1000km a month, she's always driven sub compact/compact cars. So I just started looking at new vehicles (but in no rush) and thought I'd look into the numbers difference. This is where I got lost and I need some...
  8. K

2023 Sooke Reports

Nice work but that sure looks like a wild coho in the middle.
  9. K

2023 Sooke Reports

Sooke was on fire today, went 4 for 11 on Springs (1of those days😭), kept 1 Pink and a hatchery Ho. The 4 Springs were 67-72cm. Saw Humpbacks, saw the massive orca show, saw a pack of Sea Lions (didn't see Roy's sausage rolls). Off the water at 11am.
  10. K

Cope build

Amazing build! That looks like the perfect size westcoast boat.
  11. K

2023 Sooke Reports

We struggled to find nice sized Chinook today. Fished from Beecher Bay all the way to Possession. Caught 50+ small fish (lots of juvenile Chinook), lost a half dozen pin poppers, went through 3.5 packs of bait, landed a 79cm Chinook and kept 6 Pinks. Flat calm and no fog once again. On a...
  12. K

Trolling Reels - Anything New?

I own a Trophy XL QR and an Islander MR3, and have fished with friends Abel's and Amundsen's and I would pick the Trophy out of all of them. I think it has better drag, drag knob and paddles out of the box.
  13. K

2023 Sooke Reports

Great day out of Beecher Bay for us. Kept 3 Chinook 76, 74 and 68cm. Released an oversized 85cm. Lost 3 more Chinook that felt nice, and kept 9 Pinks. Flat calm and warm, off the water by 10am. 80ft. And Wee Gee spoons was the best combo for us.
  14. K

2023 Sooke Reports

We had a great morning to start of our August Chinook fishery. Left Beecher Bay at 5:15, had a 79 and 75 cm Chinook by 6:30, limit of Pinks by 8 and then screwed around jigging Rockfish till 9:45. Bait and 80ft deep was the ticket for the Chinook, spoons and 40-80ft for the Pinks. Flat calm...
  15. K

Wanted 15lb finned cannonball in the Victoria area

As the title says, I'm looking for 2 new 15lb finned cannonballs in the Victoria, Westshore, Sooke area. Let me know who's got them plz. Cheers
  16. K

2023 Ucluelet Reports

And another slow day for us to wrap up our 2023 Ucluelet trip. Fished 6 hours today between Great Bear, Alley Rock and Sail and only managed to catch 5 coho. Had a couple of long line releases and several shakers before the wind blew up around 1. I had a great time on the water with my girls...
  17. K

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Yuck what a difference a day makes. Tried drifting for Hali at Amphitrite bank for 1.5hrs with no luck. Switched to trolling out there and got a 20lb Hali and a small hatchery coho. Moved back in to out front of the lighthouse and trolled for another 4 hours and only managed 2 feeder springs...
  18. K

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Dear diary, 1st day of our family Ukee adventure. Left Victoria at 5:15am and drove to Cameron Lake hoping to beat the 9am closure. Arrived at stopped traffic a couple kms before the fire and sat for 50 minutes, but we got through. The rest of the drive went well. Launched at Island West...
  19. K

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Heading to Ukee with the family tomorrow (17th) for 4 days of fishing. Say hi if you see our 18ft. SilverStreak at Islands West Resort.
  20. K

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Can anyone comment on how long a wait it is for the single lane section of highway 4? Dragging the boat to Ukee in a week.
Back