Search results

1. A

Fish lice found in record levels

https://thetyee.ca/News/2019/06/11/Sea-Lice-Plagues-Return/ It seems that DFO really doesn't have anything they can really do to threaten these guys. I wish someone in government took this seriously. The BCNDP were making noises for a while about pulling leases but I haven't heard anything since
  2. A

WTS 1106 scotty downriggers + gear

Sailing to the south pacific so probably don't need these anymore, and they are heavy. 2x 1106 scotty electric downriggers, good condition (used em two weeks ago up North) also comes with elastics, 2x 12lb balls and 1x 10lb ball and 3 release clips 650bucks CAD or best offer - I'm in canoe...
  3. A

Chum run near Victoria?

My buddy just got a smoker and I love smoked chum - is there a run near Victoria? Or do I have to go up to the Sidney area?
  4. A

Going around the island this summer

Hi there, I'm sailing around the island this summer, from July 23rd to August 21st and looking for some general ideas of where the good fishing areas to hit up are. I'm a feeling I'm going to be too early for many of the big runs? I'm starting from Victoria and heading east and then North...
  5. A

Newbie question: pink or spring

So i caught my first salmon. 80 foot, coho killer. I logged this as a spring originally (it being barely over the minimum size) due to the little spotting on the flanks and the depth I caught it but the more I look at the pictures the more it looks like a pink, esp the tail with the big spots...
Back