Search results

1. A

Fish lice found in record levels

https://thetyee.ca/News/2019/06/11/Sea-Lice-Plagues-Return/ It seems that DFO really doesn't have anything they can really do to threaten these guys. I wish someone in government took this seriously. The BCNDP were making noises for a while about pulling leases but I haven't heard anything since
  2. A

WTS 1106 scotty downriggers + gear

Sailing to the south pacific so probably don't need these anymore, and they are heavy. 2x 1106 scotty electric downriggers, good condition (used em two weeks ago up North) also comes with elastics, 2x 12lb balls and 1x 10lb ball and 3 release clips 650bucks CAD or best offer - I'm in canoe...
  3. A

2018 Central Coast Reports

Hey, hearing north of cape caution towards Bella bella tomorrow in my sailboat, wondering if anyone can point me at some good spots? Would love to get a Hali as never have caught one one, same with ling. I have downriggers so can also go for springs. Will be probably anchored at fury cove or a...
  4. A

Action Required - Potential Fin FIsh Closure from Long Beach to Swiftsure for SRKW

Dunno why some of you are blaming the greenies for this, most of the environmentists I know are also avid fishermen and have been screaming about the real reasons for years. It's just the liberals era DFO trying to look like they are doing something while ignoring the actual solutions (reducing...
  5. A

Kinder Morgan goes rogue, proving it can’t be trusted

They don't really have that time though. Every month/year that goes by the economics of the pipeline look worse with the rise in renewables/DIRT cheap natural gas in the US/chinas massive push away from burning fossil fuels Even taking the economics out of the thing, the longer they take, the...
  6. A

It's more that if they are showing this level of disregard for legal proceedings, obligations and environmental impact before pipeline construction is even begun, then what are they gonna do when it's constructed? The places they are installing the nets in aren't even signed off yet, they are...
  7. A

Ironic you say that as KM got told NOT TO INSTALL ANY MATS by the NEB. And THEN when the NEB found the mats, they told them to remove them. Both of which legal obligations KM ignored. Check out the letter sent to KM by the NEB on Oct 12th...
  8. A

The NEB told KM NOT to go ahead... and then when they found out they had gone ahead and started putting down these mats they sent them a really strong warning to remove them ASAP. Which they haven't done. KM doesn't give a ****, either about the legal process, salmon spawning or anything else...
  9. A

2017 Port Hardy Reports

https://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/stugeron-travel-sickness-tablets/prd-goo Stugeron works great for me, doesn't seem to have any side effects either. Most of my sailing friends swear by it. Can't get here, but if you have friends in the UK they can send you a bunch.
  10. A

2017 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Haha, I had a VERY similar fish up in Pender I put back cos I wasn't sure if it was a coho or a pink. Had the spots of a pink on the tail, whitish gums and lots and lots of tiny teeth - way more than the usual pink I've seen. Did yours have that? Wondering if it was starting to go freshwater mode?
  11. A

2017 Pender Bluffs

Fished yesterday afternoon and this morning with 3 tiny shakers and a pin popper that didn't stick. Didn't see any nets out but one guy said he got one
  12. A

2017 Pender Bluffs

I am trying to decide where to go this weekend - is it too late in the season for the Bluffs area now?
  13. A

2017 Sooke Reports

A friend from Ottawa was visting who works at the DFO so I took her out to sooke for the long weekend. Sunday she caught her first fish, a small 4/5lb spring which we kept for the BBQ, lost a couple bigger fish and then returned 2 wild coho. Monday morning I got a 4/5lb spring which went back...
  14. A

2017 Pender Bluffs

You can really tell the difference between a spring and a pink once you catch both. A pink has some kinda blunt teeth in it (and I think a couple on tongue) while the springs have a bunch of razor sharp teeth throughout mouth. I had the same problem as well at first!
  15. A

Possession Limits - your take?

Related but slightly off topic - I live on my sailboat, and often go for week long trips at various places that include a day or two of fishing. DFO regs seem to suggest that fish have to remain identifiable (by leaving tail on etc) while still out, and can only be turned into 'proper' fillets...
  16. A

2017 Sooke Reports

It's too far out to tell really - not with any measure of accuracy anyway. I believe there are several places that are fairly sheltered even if it does blow up a bit
  17. A

2017 Sooke Reports

Fished from Sat afternoon to Monday morning, caught a bunch of shakers and nothing else (not even any hits) until this morning when I lost a small pink at the boat, and then my partner managed to get a lovely 12lb spring. Didn't see any other ppl really catching much aside from shakers, we...
  18. A

2017 Sooke Reports

Thanks guys! In 400 foot of water off beecher bay, fishing in 3knot current is tooooough
  19. A

2017 Sooke Reports

Heading out to sooke today for a few days fishing. Probably on the east side between beecher and secretary as I'm in a sailboat so my top speed is 6 knots, so getting over the west side takes a long time, hah. Anyone fished around there recently? Most of the last few pages has been about otter...
Back