Search results

1. RogersonCrusoe

ISO: Fuel Pump Yam '94 T9.9

As the title implies. The fuel pump on my kicker has given up the ghost. Rebuilt carb, new fuel connector, new fuel line and fuel bulb. Fuel's not getting into the engine. Anyone have one kicking around in the Victoria area? Existing looks like: Thanks! Andrew
  2. RogersonCrusoe

Selling electric winch Powerwinch 912

Hey guys, I have an ad running on Facebook Marketplace but will post here too. Selling my Powerwinch 912 Electric Trailer winch. In fine working order when removed from the trailer when I switched to a tow vehicle without the hookups and had a good manual winch. Tongue in cheek ad, but it's...
  3. RogersonCrusoe

Westcoast Fishing Tackle?

Hey guys - getting the christmas list up to date and there's a new tackle company in town, Westcoast Fishing Tackle. Anyone used? Locally made, handpainted, VMC hooks. seems to tick most boxes https://westcoastfishingtackle.ca/ Really like the look of the Pacific series...
  4. RogersonCrusoe

Do any duolocks not suck?

Hey guys, Making up some quick change leaders for the winter season using Scott's (I think it was?) method - leaders with duolocks on the end. Trouble is, that all my duolocks are so stiff that they're frustrating to use and borderline painful. Any brands you recommend? Or just suck it up and...
  5. RogersonCrusoe

Flashers - suggestions

I've been fortunate enough to receive a hefty Island Outfitters gift card. Two of my flashers have seized and no amount of lube will get them to reliably rotate again and not make a birdsnest of my line - one of which will be directly replaced as it's my trusty Purple Haze. What's your hot...
  6. RogersonCrusoe

Rod tether?

Hey guys, The new boat has flush mounted rod holders, which is a huge bonus for my better half, who can now lift the rod out of the holder without over extending out the side. Trouble is, it's just dying for an ill timed bump or slippery handle to propel the gear overboard and into the...
  7. RogersonCrusoe

WTB: Fishfinder/GPS combo

Hello lads, Starting to outfit the new-to-me-boat and looking for a 7"+ Fishfinder/GPS unit. Currently the boat has a 1995 Eagle. 2.5" LCD screen! Not brand loyal, couple years old is OK and with transducer and map-chip. Victoria area to Cowichan. Anyone itching to upgrade?
  8. RogersonCrusoe

WTB: 3000# Aluminum Trailer

Hey guys, Looking to seal the deal on a friends' dad's boat, but she exactly at my towing capacity. I knew I was "doomed" to buy it when my fiancee turned to me and said how much she liked the boat. 1995 Campion 185 with a 115/9.9 Yam 4 stroke. Towed it over the scale and it was 1600kg (with...
  9. RogersonCrusoe

Campion 542 + Trailer weight?

Hey guys, I ended up getting the Escape, so now the hunt begins for a new boat! It's like Christmas :) Looking at a 542 hardtop with 115 outboard. Owner doesn't know the weight of the setup and I don't want to waste his time kicking tires and asking to tow it on a scale. Without finding any...
  10. RogersonCrusoe

2000lb-ish boat packages

Hey guys, The better half and I are looking at buying our own tow vehicle (currently use the Father In Law's Nissan Titan). We're a one-car household, so getting a V8 as our only vehicle is not really an option. Looking at most modern SUVs, can pull about 2000lbs, with the exception of the...
  11. RogersonCrusoe

Glasply Side Panels and other projects!

Hey all, My birthday was the end of March. I always take the week off to de-winterize the boat, tie new leaders and drink way too much whiskey. All leading up to birthday-fishing. This year, I knew I had to replace the side bulkheads as they were made of cabinet plywood and were beyond...
  12. RogersonCrusoe

Replacing of side panels

Hey guys, My boat's sidepanels are painted plywood and this season they really started to peel/rot. I guess the previous owner cut some corners when doing the work as the plywood isn't even marine grade and the grain was showing. The below pic is from a couple seasons ago and you can see...
  13. RogersonCrusoe

Registering Boat / Pleasure Craft License

Hey guys, noob question... Mostly due to my negligence and forgetfulness, I forgot to register the boat I purchased in 2018 from a family friend in my name. He received a note saying that the Pleasure Craft License is expiring, so that motivated me to move the craft under my name. I completed...
  14. RogersonCrusoe

Island Outfitters Open!

Just want to give a shout out to the, now open, Island Outfitters in Colwood. Was in there yesterday and was impressed by the space. Bright, Clean, Not-on-fire ;). Excellent service and very energetic staff! Picked up a Battle II-4000 reel, some line and a couple of jigs. Obviously their...
  15. RogersonCrusoe

Tacklebox full of stuff

SOLD SOLD SOLD It seems like we have the two tone Plano three drawer tacklebox. How would you like another!? This one is surplus and I don't see myself using the contents - so I'm passing it along to you! Inside are at least 18 teaser heads (including 15 UV Green!), some durabaits, spoons...
  16. RogersonCrusoe

Mid-tier Salmon Jigging setup?

Hey guys, My next season goal is to get better at jigging for salmon. I've had meager success to this point. I've read and re-read Waterwolf's jigging guide many many times so I think I'm getting the feel of it more and more each time. However, I don't have the right tools for the job - our...
  17. RogersonCrusoe

Cuddy storage ideas

Seeking some inspiration here... Over the winter some mice got into the cuddy and practically destroyed the cuddy cushions through chewing, nesting and crapping everywhere (the foam was in bad shape anyway, so I'm not too sad about it). As we never use the cuddy for sleeping, we got to...
  18. RogersonCrusoe

WTB: 351 Block for OMC Sterndrive

Hey guys, Long shot - but my friend's boat has given up the ghost and after some in depth trouble shooting (carb rebuild, new ignition coil, distributor) he took it to a mechanic. The guy said that he's lost enough compression in enough cylinders that it won't start and the motor is pooched...
  19. RogersonCrusoe

Is it possible to have too much bilge pump?

The auto-switch in my unit finally kicked the bucket and it's time for a new setup. Looking at the Sailflo all-in-one bilge pumps from amazon. They have 600/750/1100gph models for $3 difference between the three volumes. Is there any downside to buying the most powerful? Thanks!
  20. RogersonCrusoe

1997 Yamaha 9.9hp XL shaft electric start

I almost think we should start a new thread for all the 9.9ht's that are up for sale recently ;) So here's mine! A 1997 XL Shaft Yamaha 9.9 4 stroke high thrust with electric start. I wouldn't suggest that this motor is "so clean you could eat off it", yes it is used. Aesthetically, there are...
Back