Search results

1. RogersonCrusoe

2022 Sidney Reports

Can confirm.
  2. RogersonCrusoe

2022 Sooke Reports

With all the hub-bub of the previous reports, I had to get one more shot in. Late afternoon/sunset shift yesterday from Head to Trap and all points in-between. Was an absolute ghost town. Saw a few fish caught in the 25 or so boats, then we got a wild and hatch in short order. Quite small...
  3. RogersonCrusoe

Someone had a bad day at Spirit Bay boat launch!

Just have to rinse it off in the lake and it'll be fine 🤪 Tell the tow truck to stop at the lake ramp and give it a push
  4. RogersonCrusoe

2022 Sooke Reports

Repositioned the boat from Sidney to Sooke for the fall season, and squeaked out 2h in the Beechy Head fog late afternoon. Forgot my knife, two favourite coho hoochies. So I knew we were going to get into the fish! Three to the boat, Between Aldridge and the Head in about 350ft of water...
  5. RogersonCrusoe

Motor issue

In my experience changing/inspecting the sparkplugs are the result of other things going wrong. Too much fuel, water/corrosion issues, coils etc... Never had a problem with just the sparkplug. Edit, if you suspect a sparkplug issue, check it for spark by grounding it against the motor and...
  6. RogersonCrusoe

2022 Sidney Reports

I'm lazy, so don't go out for sunrises. I much prefer sunsets and have reasonable success as such. Flood tides are the best for fishing, but the worst for the amount of crap in the water
  7. RogersonCrusoe

2022 Sidney Reports

Started out down by the red can to get oriented and line up for a long pass by the spit. Had one hit pretty early that didn't do much and a tiny lingcod that followed. Lingcod broke off the hook of the GSB (didn't realize that until the next gear check 20 minutes later!) and then a swivel...
  8. RogersonCrusoe

Who's fishing the Victoria/Sooke Aug. 1st opening gong show?

I'll be launching in the late afternoon and getting some sunset fishing in. 1st time out this year!!
  9. RogersonCrusoe

2022 Central Coast Reports

I did some guiding out of a lodge in Penrose Island. I've circled the spots that were always good producers - Swan Rock (North circle) was our coho-go-to. And the opposite shore was Chinook-land. Stick close to structure, fish shallow, hang on.
  10. RogersonCrusoe

Wandering at slow speeds

Our previous 21' Maxum wandered around a lot at those 5-9knt speeds. Only more speed stopped it.
  11. RogersonCrusoe

Career change advice

Can confirm. The pandemic has been pretty tough for the crew with shortages, illnesses, customer abuse, etc... lots of OT being worked and many long hours on the vessels.
  12. RogersonCrusoe

Flashers, Spoons, Hootchies and misc gear

I thought p0rn wasn't allowed on the forums ;)
  13. RogersonCrusoe

Columbia River Trail BC

How is the Pike situation there? When I last fished it, the bounty just came out for heads, but I came up empty
  14. RogersonCrusoe

Guaranteed fish

Some lovely business in town that would gladly help you remedy that! :)
  15. RogersonCrusoe

Columbia River Trail BC

I've only shore fished, but have had good luck at the Beaver Creek campground boat launch and the rocks off Gyro Park, Some beauty smallmouth pass in the river as well.
  16. RogersonCrusoe

Guaranteed fish

Personally, it's my least productive lake in the area. Langford lake is just next door and far superior (in my opinion :) )
  17. RogersonCrusoe

Guaranteed fish

Seconded for Matheson. Some monster smallmouth in that lake as well. I find the fish in that lake very aggressive.
  18. RogersonCrusoe

ISO: Fuel Pump Yam '94 T9.9

PM Sent - thanks Wolf's garage :)
  19. RogersonCrusoe

Sold

My previous was the 2200. Absolute tank of a boat and loved her. Good luck with the hunt
  20. RogersonCrusoe

ISO: Fuel Pump Yam '94 T9.9

As the title implies. The fuel pump on my kicker has given up the ghost. Rebuilt carb, new fuel connector, new fuel line and fuel bulb. Fuel's not getting into the engine. Anyone have one kicking around in the Victoria area? Existing looks like: Thanks! Andrew
Back