Search results

1. MikeM

2021 Sooke Reports

Beauty! :-)
  2. MikeM

2020 Sooke Reports

What radio frequency are people chatting on in Sooke?
  3. MikeM

2020 Sooke Reports

It was early, our very first pass at about 06:20... we dropped gear a couple hundred yards before the point, trolled with the ebb past the point and all the way down toward the beach (there is a 'V' in the topo contours that we turn around in) and then got the bite on the inside rod just as we...
  4. MikeM

2020 Sooke Reports

Thought I'd chime in on the "Fishing Sooke" them, and offer a report from yesterday, Sep 3. I moved my boat from the Saanich Inlet (Mill Bay- beautiful marina with a fantastic crew) down to Sooke in the spring of 2019. From my perspective the fishing in Sooke has been fantastic. I've been...
  5. MikeM

2018 Pender Bluffs

We spent another full day out there yesterday, and still saw some action but it seemed the fish were a little smaller and fewer than we saw on monday and wednesday. Had a half dozen fish on, but only boated one 5lb hatchery coho and one 19" baby chinook. Seemed to be losing fish just as the...
  6. MikeM

2018 Pender Bluffs

We were out there also, and landed two hatchery coho- 10lbs, and 5lbs. We had a few others on briefly as well, and one really nice one spooling out line against a tight drag for several minutes... sadly, we never got a look at her. It was sure nice to get back out there!
  7. MikeM

2018 Sidney Reports

What is the best technique for measuring a fish before releasing it?
  8. MikeM

2018 Sidney Reports

I'm also have a difficult time finding the prawn closure in Saanich Inlet... could you paste a link to the proper page so I can see where I'm going wrong? On the salmon side I finally broke a skunk streak with a thick 14lb wild male Chinook on June 29th: trolling an anchovy at 80' (145' water)...
Back