Search results

1. I

Boston Whaler Vantage 230

Thanks for all the responses. I'm leaning towards going for it. There's always trade-offs with boats and assuming I'm always careful on the saltwater, it sounds like it will pass muster for some fun days with the family fishing.
  2. I

Boston Whaler Vantage 230

I'm considering purchasing a Vantage 230 and wanted to see what others thoughts are on the boat? Usage would be both lake boating (water skiing, tubing with kids, etc) as well as salmon fishing around victoria/renfrew/barkley sound. I like the boat because it's got the open bow and setup of a...
  3. I

Nootka area accommodations

Thanks for all the tips. Ended up booking a place at Critter Cove. Looking forward to it.
  4. I

Thanks. Seemed a strange response to me.
  5. I

Thanks Tailwalker. I actually sent them a message a few days ago and they're not sure they can accommodate a 28ft boat. Waiting to hear back on whether they can or not. Appreciate the heads-up.
  6. I

Hi Everyone, Some of you may have seen my prior thread. We're planning a 10 day trip to the Nootka and Kyuquot area for the second week of July. Does anyone have any recommendations for accommodations on the cheaper side of things? Everything seem to be part of a lodge where they want $260+...
  7. I

10 day trip heading north from Tofino - Advice?

Thanks TomicTime. Very helpful. You're basically saying head north asap and drop your first line around Ferrer Pt. and fish your way to Winter Hbr? Any idea how many nights that trip would take each way? Is there enough shelter along the way to just find a cove and drop anchor for the night or...
  8. I

10 day trip heading north from Tofino - Advice?

Hi Everyone, hoping to get some thoughts on how best to spend a 10 day trip leaving Tofino/Ucluelet in the 2nd week of July. The agenda is completely open and the main goal is fishing - we're likely going to head North though, not South. We're in a 30ft Whaler with enclosed cabin and rigged to...
  9. I

Port Renfrew Reports 2015

Quick note on Renfrew crabbing -- I've fished there for years but finally got around to dropping a crab pot on the way out. Came back a few hours later and found that someone had pulled it up and clipped the cage in 5 spots rendering it useless (of course the bait was gone and no crabs). Talked...
Back