Search results

1. Burban

Prop gaurd clearances

Hey all, I recently bought a 6hp kicker l, and I want to put a prop gaurd on it. My mechanic is having problems finding one suitable. I found one on Western Marine, my prop is 8" and the one recommended is 9" inside diameter. 1/2" clearance seems tight to me, but Ive never had a gaurd. What's...
  2. Burban

Mercury 90 part out and 2002 Merc 5hp

My 1988 Mercury 90 hp motor died and is no more. I repowered recently and am parting out what I have left. Electrical system and top end of the motor already sold. I live in Sechelt on the Sunshine Coast but come to Vancouver regularly. If your on Vancouver Island I can put the lighter items on...
  3. Burban

Trailor axle and hub assembly in Vancouver

Hey all, I've been having premature bearing wear and some damage from the first bearing explosion 2 years ago while towing is likely the culprit. I went to repack them less then a year ago, they didn't look good so I replaced them again. Now, one side blew out on me again this weekend (same...
  4. Burban

Stator woes

Hey all, the stator went on my 1988 Merc 90hp outboard. The replacement from Merc was quoted at 670 + tax. Anyone familiar with any reputable after market companies for stators? One big difference between the oem part and the aftermarket stators Im seeing is the original Merc stators are...
  5. Burban

WTB Folbe rod holders

Anyone have a set of Folbe rod holders they don't need anymore? Looking for 2 or more boom mounted or no mounts. Just seeing whats out there before we pull the trigger on new... the american exchange sux right now. http://www.folbe.com/fishing-rod-holders/advantage-rod-holder/no-mount.html
  6. Burban

Custom moocher build

Hey all, My spring'n partner and I are treating ourselves to a couple of custom rods to be wrapped by a friend of mine. Our component supplier is recommending we go we an EVA lower handle to reduce wear on the cork from the pressure of being in a rod holder. We have our hearts set on the cork...
Back