Search results

1. Burban

So are u going out and catch and releasing

8/12 lethal bleeders? That's bad luck if you were fishing single barbless properly sized. Were you fishing bait/trebles? Were you guys using a soft landing net? They make a big difference for scale loss, knotted nets are indeed brutal. Proper C&R really isn't as bad as your last experience...
  2. Burban

2019 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Heck yeah, nicely done SSwilson!!
  3. Burban

60hp Evinrude won’t start

Drain your crab bowls while your in there, might be water built up in there and its quick and easy.
  4. Burban

Thanks Bud for the Rub

Last year at Cooper's Green on the Sunshine Coast my 2014 F150 got "rubbed" in the parking lot by the guy parked next to me. Apparently he didn't notice it was happening because there was a white scratch from the rear bumper down the box, through the rim, down my rocker panel... through the...
  5. Burban

Sunshine Coast marine repair/maintenance

I use Quantum Marine in Sechelt. Like Hurtlocker said, don't be in a hurry... they're swamped this time of year.
  6. Burban

Stop posting about fishing lingcod...

Theres simply more fisherman then keeper lings out there in the strait right now. We're way past overexposure. Honestly whos seeing these threads and running out to Thrasher or Texada just because they saw a thread on this site? If you have the means to do that you already knew where was open...
  7. Burban

Stop posting about fishing lingcod...

I love Ling fishing, and I would be for that slot limit.
  8. Burban

So are u going out and catch and releasing

I am. I don't fish for meat, I fish because I live for it. I love being on the water and running the gear. The freedom of leaving life on land and ripping across the water to my fishing grounds is something I wont live without this year. Price of gas is negligible for me... I buy it to get me to...
  9. Burban

Thats the kind of positivity thatll get you into some fish tacos and maybe even a few handshakes from some chromers. Good luck up there!
  10. Burban

After a full shift both days this weekend prawning, crabbing and bottomfishing, I can tell you the area is pretty spent already. Tons of under sized lings and 1 keeper, prawning was tough with the commercial guys doing their thing, and crabbing was dismal with my past spots turning up empty...
  11. Burban

Prop gaurd clearances

Yikes, tell me more about that scenario. Do you mean you broke the stabilizer brace on the prop guard or broke the skeg on your kicker?
  12. Burban

Prop gaurd clearances

Awesome guys, thanks for the reassurance. Ill order up mine tonight. Good luck out there fellas!
  13. Burban

Prop gaurd clearances

Cool, thanks for the reply @ReelSlim Thats the same brand Im looking at. Any more experiances or opinions are welcome, thanks guys.
  14. Burban

Prop gaurd clearances

Hey all, I recently bought a 6hp kicker l, and I want to put a prop gaurd on it. My mechanic is having problems finding one suitable. I found one on Western Marine, my prop is 8" and the one recommended is 9" inside diameter. 1/2" clearance seems tight to me, but Ive never had a gaurd. What's...
  15. Burban

Ling - Out of secret cove?

4 keepers, I agree, that's pretty good. Sometimes it takes a bit of time for a new big ling to move onto the territory, you probably would have been more productive to have hit fresh spots day 2.
  16. Burban

Mercury 90 part out and 2002 Merc 5hp

Kicker sold, there's interest in the power tilt but still available (cash is king).
  17. Burban

Ling - Out of secret cove?

Your on the right track man. You can go literally anywhere in the area that isn't in an RCA and find lings. Pick a mound on your chart and go! Good luck with the conditions, looks like she's gonna be nautical out there this weekend!
  18. Burban

Chartplotter on a Tablet - advice?

Unless your sounding and overlaying your own, all charts on gps have a degree of error whether its on a tablet or a head unit. I've been using the Navionics app on a second LCD screen along side my 7" Lowrance for a few years now. I have an inverter wired on board so my tablet has constant...
  19. Burban

Mercury 90 part out and 2002 Merc 5hp

My 1988 Mercury 90 hp motor died and is no more. I repowered recently and am parting out what I have left. Electrical system and top end of the motor already sold. I live in Sechelt on the Sunshine Coast but come to Vancouver regularly. If your on Vancouver Island I can put the lighter items on...
  20. Burban

Time for dads boat

Too sweet, exciting times!
Back